• Report: #220423

• Updated: Mon, November 13, 2006

• Reported By:Goldsboro North Carolina
Travel agents direct
Florida Nationwide U.S.A.

Travelagentsdirect BEWARE of TRAVELAGENTSDIRECT calling you - HANG UP! ripoff Florida

As I see I am not the only one who has been called by this moron. A man (not giving a name) has called me almost every day & I never answered because I didn't recognize the number. This time I was fed up and answered (now I'm the moron).

He knew my name and my address & he told me that he had American Airline coupons and free hotel coupons for me to keep if I "reviewed their services for 14 days" and even if I decided NOT to keep their services, I was allowed to keep them. Sounds enticing. What the heck I thought - I could use some airline tickets this Christmas - sure I'll do it.

He asked me what my bank was. I told him - then he told me what my routing number was & even though I didn't like that I know that this info is available to the public if they know what bank it is. THEN he was about to "read off & verify" my checking ACCOUNT NUMBER to me & I told him to stop.

I wanted nothing to do with this & he continued to try to talk me into the fact that they couldn't just give me over $800 of free gifts not knowing if I had a valued account. Didn't sound right to me & so I just hung up on him.

Please be aware!!

Consuelo
Goldsboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2006 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-agents-direct/nationwide/Travelagentsdirect-BEWARE-of-TRAVELAGENTSDIRECT-calling-you-HANG-UP-ripoff-Florida-220423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel agents direct