Complaint Review: TravelBridge International

• Submitted: Thu, September 19, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, September 21, 2002

• Reported By:Spring TX
TravelBridge International
8630 E Via De Ventura, STE 100 Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

TravelBridge International, Travelbridge South Texas ripoff deceptive company scam con artists Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Don't believe them for a second

We were pressured to purchase the night of attending the presentation because the offer is only good that night. I knew then I should have walked away. Several times we have used there agency to purchase airline tickets but there were no savings as promised. Each time I found the same prices on the internet.

It always took 2-3 days to get back to me. Im May I asked them to find a a vacation package for a a co-worker. It would have been a two to three thousand dollar trip. They never called me back with any details or prices.

In early September I finally called them and requested my money back. I talked the Membership Service Manager in Scottsdale and he said he coudl not refund my money. He said the fee I paid was kept by Travelbridge South Texas which in an unaffilitated company that was used to sell memeberships.

He further told me Travelbridge South Texas is out of business. His only suggestion was to try and dispute the credit card charge. I have sent a written request to my credit card company and am waiting to see what happens.

Dan
Spring, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2002 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TravelBridge-International/Scottsdale-Arizona-85258/TravelBridge-International-Travelbridge-South-Texas-ripoff-deceptive-company-scam-con-art-30522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TravelBridge International

Don't believe them for a second

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

Legally speaking, Travelbridge of South Texas was a separate entity which has been resolved, but that money went back to the owners in Arizona and there are certainly connections between the two. Unfortunately this corporate hijinks leaves few options left as far as collecting your money back since there is no longer an entity to sue in Texas. From a legal standpoint you would have to go back to the owners of the company.

I used to think that disputing the credit cards was futile, but I have recently heard of a couple folks getting a refund from the credit card companies related to Travelbridge. I would provide good documentation, include the TexasAG settlement wording and claim that under Texas Consumer Protection Law that the contract you signed should be considered null and void. This may take a while to process. In the cases I am familiar with Travelbridge just failed to respond to the credit card company inquiries leading to the refunds.

Good Luck!!!!