Complaint Review: Travelbridge Air Land & Sea Ltd.

• Submitted: Thu, March 07, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, March 07, 2002

• Reported By:Oro Valley AZ
Travelbridge Air Land & Sea Ltd.
5655 E River Rd Suite 151 E Tucson (Phoenix, Peoria Palm Springs), AZ, CA U.S.A.

Travelbridge Deceptive ripoff scam in Arizona too

Travelbridge seems to be scamming people across the U.S. There is an actual company and they are an operating travel agency. Here in Tucson, and I imagine the same is happening at other locations, they are practicing a clever (and in most ways quite legal) scheme.

For a hefty membership fee and by "attending classes" one can become an assistant agent complete with ID card. The lure is the "free" vacation, which is not at all free and try to get it!! and supposedly being able to "attend seminars at sea," take "special discount" trips, tours, and condo vacations, and get agent only special discounts at hotels and theme parks.

For older people or just for those of us who love to travel, it could be a great deal, if it actually worked as presented. I admit I bought in, in good faith, went to the classes (where I learned very few new things I hadn't already found on the net, except their personal phone list), got my ID card (which has saved me very little in my travels), and gave up on the "free vacation" after submitting six possible dates, and calling repeatedly.

I demanded, and got, my deposits back. By the way, one can purchase these mini trips for about $40 over what you have to pay in deposits for the "freebie" and not go through any hassle. You are also not told up front that air fare to these vacations is on you and can be quite pricey.

Thus far (five times) Travelbridge could not even match travel deals I found on the net or through other agencies -- their agents do not get special deals. Though I have tried to book into their listed "agent" trips, they are always full, regardless of when I call. This deal may be legal in that you sign a contract and they do provide a "service," but my advice is buyer beware.

Oro Valley, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelbridge-Air-Land-Sea-Ltd/E-Tucson-Phoenix-Peoria-Palm-Springs-AZ-CA-85750/Travelbridge-Deceptive-ripoff-scam-in-Arizona-too-16161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelbridge Air Land & Sea Ltd.