Complaint Review: Travelbridge Air, Land, Sea Ltd/TravelEZ

• Submitted: Fri, June 23, 2000
  • Updated: Thu, December 13, 2001

• Reported By:Davie FL
Travelbridge Air, Land, Sea Ltd/TravelEZ
871 E. Commericial Blvd. Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

TravelBridge/TravelEZ of Fort Lauderdale Scam *UPDATE

*0:

*0: I was also scammed by the exact same location.

My partner and I was recently solicited to become members of what was to be a discount "travel club" offering discounts on hotels, condos, cruise packages, airfare, etc. It sounded appealing enough for us to join. We did and we wanted to begin immediately planning for an upcoming trip to AZ. Since then, the travel club and their agency has failed to live up any standards listed on their membership agreement and when we approached them, they attempted to "make things right" and told us that if they didn't come through, they would return our money and cancel our membership. Since then, they still have not provided the service as promised, nor have they returned any phone calls, and when we try to contact them, they simply avoid our calls. This last attempt to reconcile the situation ended with them thinking that they disconnected the phone conversation, except they didn't and were talking amongst themselves that they were absolutely not refunding any money to us. I could provide any details to this matter if it would help clear any questions but is it legal for them to hold us accountable to a contract where they are not keeping their portion of the contract themself? Please advise what steps I should take next...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelbridge-Air-Land-Sea-LtdTravelEZ/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33334/TravelBridgeTravelEZ-of-Fort-Lauderdale-Scam-UPDATE-2520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelbridge Air, Land, Sea Ltd/TravelEZ

#1 0

AUTHOR: - ()

#2 0

I was also scammed by the exact same location.

AUTHOR: - ()

They filed the following to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: balda@mediaone.net

Their name: Joey Balda

Their relationship to the company: Consumer Suggestion

Rebuttal:

I was also scammed by the exact same location.

Please go to www.bbb.org and search for the state of Texas under

Travelbridge. You will see that the attorney general on 10/15/2001 has filed a lawsuit government action against Travelbridge for Deceptive Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act. I recently filed a complaint as

well with the Florida Attorney General. Please feel free to e-mail me with any info you may need. Luckily we used our checkcard and have disputed the charges through our bank. So, hopefully the bank will protect us. We will see. Wow, I wish I would have done more research before.