Complaint Review: Traveler's Advantage

• Submitted: Wed, February 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 06, 2008

• Reported By:Madison Indiana
Traveler's Advantage
Tennessee Anywhere, Indiana U.S.A.

Traveler's Advantage, Super 8 Super 8 travel scam, Traverler's Advantage Bait and Switch Anywhere Tennessee

I requested a reservation at a Super 8 in Scottsburg Indiana. The hotline operator informed me that it would cost 70+ dollars, BUT if I signed up for Traveler's Advantage, I would be able to get a $40 GAS CARD for trying the club (I would be able to cancel with no charges incurred).

I thought, yeah, I really need to get this hotel room down to the $35 range. I accepted. I spent the night there. I was also told this membership was good for 5% off the room there. The clerk told me only the manager could give me that, he wouldn't be in until an hour after checkout tomorrow. I'll be damned if I'll wait an hour to see if a bozo could save me less than $5 on the bill. I AM DAMNED GLAD MY KID PISSED ONE OF THEIR BEDS.

A month later, nothing from Traveler's Advantage. I call them up, they say, "Oh yeah, oh yeah, we'll get you that. Just hold on." Two weeks later, same story. Finally, four separate rebate coupons for $10 off a gas purchase of greater value arrive. I may use one coupon every four months. I call back.
They claim there is no GAS CARD, only rebates. I cry foul, claiming seven of their representatives discussed GAS CARDS, not REBATE COUPONS with me. "Oh no, you are confused," they say.

I reported them to a consumer advocate on the local NBC affiliate and garnered them and Super 8 some bad publicity. I reported them to the BBB, and the Indiana Attorney General. None of them got me nothin'. I have so far sent in two coupons, along with reminders of what they got themselves for their lies. They send the ten dollars. I am waiting to redeem my other two coupons.

Don't deal with this Tits and Ass affair.

Bryce
Madison, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2008 12:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelers-Advantage/Anywhere-Indiana/Travelers-Advantage-Super-8-Super-8-travel-scam-Traverlers-Advantage-Bait-and-Switch-A-306551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Traveler's Advantage