Complaint Review: Travelers Insurance Company

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: ScammedbyTravelersInsuranceCompany — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Travelers Insurance Company
One Tower , Hartford, Connecticut United States of America

Travelers Insurance Company The Standard Fire Insurance Company Travelers Insurance Company is a Scam! They promote Bad Faith Claims! Hartford, Connecticut

I have been "insured" with travelers for almost 8 months. I use "insured" loosely, because last month my car was stolen, vandalized, and set on fire which resulted in a Total Loss". Well, now that it's time for Travelers to pay off my Car they are trying to allege that I "Misrepresented information in my Application" when I initially applied for my policy with them'. Because I did not list my husband, who was my fiance at the time, as "in my household!. Okay, okay, I admit I missed that particular question on the application so that was my fault, however I didn't list him because he didn't drive my car, had his own car, and had his own insurance, so why would I list him?

Granted I did call them during the 30 day review period and added him as in my household, but made sure that I reiterated that he doesn't drive my car so he shouldn't be listed anywhere on my policy, and that he has his own insurance". Well be assured when I received my updated policy not only did they list him as a driver, they dropped my coverage, and I didn't see my name anywhere on the policy. So what did I do? I canceled the policy and resubmitted it as I had before excluding my husband's name (fiance at the time) of course since they made a mistake the last time.

Well, the policy was approved, Travelers has been withdrawing my premium from my account every month, I have my coverage and everything is lovely right? Well, nope, now that someone has stolen my car and they are responsible for paying it off, they have denied my claim for "Misrepresentation of Information" and stated they are going to refund me for all of the premiums that I've paid! Granted they've had access to my current policy and previous policy all this time and now that they are responsible to pay for something, they want to squirm out of taking care their responsibility.

Overall, when I completed their online quote it specifically stated "Please include all licensed relatives who live with you and anyone else who drives your vehicle(s). Roommates and nannies do not need to be included unless they drive your vehicle(s)." Therefore, I did not list my husband (fiance' at the time) because at that time he was my "roommate and did not drive my car". Therefore, Travelers Insurance Co. is responsible for providing me with the full Comprehensive/Collision Coverage that I paid for every month, on time. Their actions have been the epitome of what a Bad Faith Claim really is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelers-Insurance-Company/Hartford-Connecticut-06183/Travelers-Insurance-Company-The-Standard-Fire-Insurance-Company-Travelers-Insurance-Compan-959901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelers Insurance Company