Complaint Review: Travellooga

• Reported By: Marilyn — Lyndhurst New Jersey United States of America
Travellooga

Travellooga Free vacation ripoffu Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution

Recently in Ft Lauderdale I was approached outside my hotel in the retail courtyard to scratch off a chance to win a $300.00 visa gift card or a FREE vacation for 2. I won! Had to give a $20.00 deposit that was refundable after I listened to a 90 minute Travellooga club representative try and sell me a vacation plan. I listened and declined the offer. After scratching the code off the back of the card, I won a FREE vacation for 2! All I have to do is send $100.00 to Passport To Travel located in Tampa, Fl. Passport To Travel has some pretty bad reviews. Their pamphlet also states that other charges could occur. After I did my 90 min thing with Travellooga, I watched several other people being stopped to scratch off to win a prize. Funny, only the women held the winning scratch offs. The rep at Travellooga, Charlie was nice at first and at the end really annoyed at me for not dropping $8995.00 down on vacation resort travel club. I was only there to collect my prize and hoping it was the visa card. I feel this is a two way scam. Two companies are involved, Travellooga and Passport To Travel. After listening to the sales pitch and getting the form to fill out with $100.00 to send, I walked away with nothing. I was promised a free vacation and did not receive it. Travellooga should make good and there should be no lodging expense for me whatsoever and I shouldn't have to have a third party involved. Travellooga is a travel company just like Travelocity or Expedia, therefore they could book the vacation for me and there would not be additional charges. This is fraud. Free is free. I guess handing out visa cards would really be a financial burdon and I bet no one wins them! I have 30 days to send the $100.00 fee to Passport to Travel. NOT,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travellooga/internet/Travellooga-Free-vacation-ripoffu-Internet-913553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travellooga

Resolution

AUTHOR: Travellooga.com - (United States of America)

Dear Marilyn,

Travellooga contracts outside marketing company to solicit the guests for the travel club presentation. Marketing company is the one who uses vacation certificates for the guests. Those certificates do require activation fee to be pre-paid. However, Travellooga will be happy to provide you with the complimentary vacation to one of our featured destinations. Please call us at 1-800-422-9313 and we will be happy to book a vacation for you.