Complaint Review: Travelocity - Groople

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2007

• Reported By:Nebraska Nebraska
Travelocity - Groople
travelocity.com Internet U.S.A.

Travelocity - Groople Cancellation Policy on my confirmation screen specifically said I could cancel now they are trying to go back on that! Internet

*Author of original report: They resolved this

The cancellation policy listed on my reservation page stated specifically "Cxl after 1800 07dec forfeit one night stay". That is all that it said. It did not state that there would be a cancellation penaltie or that the rooms were non-refundable. In fact...it stated exactly the opposite. When I received my confirmation email from Travelocity.com, it said nowhere in my confirmation that there was a penalty or that the rooms were non-refundable. When I view my confirmation online through Travelocity, it says nowhere that the rooms are non-refundable or that there is a penalty.

So, why is it that when I try to call to cancel our rooms because we don't want to drive tomorrow in the middle of an ice storm, and I am calling BEFORE 1800 on 07dec, I am being told that the rooms are non-refundable? This is a real scam that Travelocity has going on here. How do more people not know about this??? What's even worse is that, they actually lied and said that they called and spoke to someone about confirming that the reservation was non-refundable, when I know for a fact that is a lie. How unethical can you get?

I have a message in to a manager, so hopefully, they will realize their error and correct the situation. If they do, I would be happy to post a more positive review, although, I shouldn't have to fight with a manager to be treated fairly. I will definitely be more leary of doing online travel business in the future!

Tracie
Nebraska, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2007 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity-Groople/internet/Travelocity-Groople-Cancellation-Policy-on-my-confirmation-screen-specifically-said-I-co-289720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity - Groople

AUTHOR: Tracie - (U.S.A.)

I did get a call back, and they came around to my way of thinking. They agreed to cancel all of the rooms without penalty. That remains to be confirmed, but at least that's what they said they were going to do.

Maybe they are trying to start thinking of the customer more due to negative reviews.

On the one hand, I am happy that they were able and willing to resolve this. I do have to say in their favor that everyone I worked with was very polite and acted like they wanted to help.

On the other hand, I am still a bit disappointed that it took so much effort to get them to stand behind the already stated cancellation policy. A less stubborn person than myself might have given up and been stuck with the charges. I appreciate them resolving the issue, but I'm still not 100% sold on Travelocity after having dealt with a frustrating situation like this one. I may give them one more shot, but I'm still a little reluctant to.