occupied

Complaint Review: Travelocity Incentives (Gift card website)

• Submitted: Thu, September 20, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Dee — burleson Texas United States of America
Travelocity Incentives (Gift card website)

Travelocity Incentives (Gift card website) travelocity.com(pay with Credit Card) vs travelocity incentives(Gift card) same hotel is $300 more if paying with GC. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same thing happened to me

I am traveling to California for my Brothers Memorial.... i attempted to use some travelocity gift cards by booking hotel and car rental on www.travelocity.com. i found a fantastic deal of $435 for hotel and car rental however i was told i had to go to www.travelocity/incentives.com to redeem my hotel travelocity gift cards.  When i attempted to book the same hotel for the same time period on Travelocity Incentives website it was $936 just for hotel. The only difference is i will be paying with a Gift Card versus a Credit card and it is $500 more just for HOTEL? What a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity-Incentives-Gift-card-website/internet/Travelocity-Incentives-Gift-card-website-travelocitycompay-with-Credit-Card-vs-trave-944003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity Incentives (Gift card website)

Same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: D_Up - ()

I had a similar experience with Travelocity on a considerably smaller scale in early 2013. I was trying to reserve a Las Vegas hotel room on the travelocity site w/ a $30 gift card. They said I had to go to a separate gift card site. The casino/hotel was $35 more per night through their so called "incentive"/gift card site, over their regular site. What a complete ripoff. Someone gives you a gift card and not only is the $30 dollars they spent on the card worthless, they charge more on top of it! Basically that's stealing.

I then attempted to get ahold of someone at corporate in Texas about it. Called at least 6 times. Finally found what I thought was the right number. I'm on hold for 30minutes, told someone will help me soon, then right around 30minutes, disconnected. Repeat process. Happened multiple times. NEVER could get a person besides some clueless overseas call center. Only after I filed a complaint w/ the better business bureau did they get back to me. They gave me another $25 gift card, lol, which I've smartly yet to use. I did check after and it looks like they're only stealing from you for some Hotels. Some look like the same price as w/out the gift card. Needless to say, completely unethical.