Complaint Review: Travelocity Incentives

• Submitted: Mon, September 20, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, September 20, 2010

• Reported By: Karen — San Francisco California United States of America
Travelocity Incentives

Travelocity Incentives Travelocity Gift Cards Travelocity Gift Cards Scam!!! Internet

I got a Travelocity $100 gift card as a wedding present in 2008. I didn't need it at the time, so I held onto it since it didn't expire. Flash forward to September 2010, and I go to use it. Apparently someone else had already used it. I called up Travelocity Incentives to verify and yes it had been used sometime in July 2010. The reservation which the card funds were used were not under my husband's or my name. I asked how someone could have done that, and they told me that sometimes people just jot down the numbers from the gift cards and wait for people to activate them. So I asked how I would get my $100 back, and they told me that there was nothing they could do. The rep advised me to file a police report and go back to the guest who gave me the card and see if they could talk to the vendor they purchased it from. First of all it was a freaking wedding gift!!! Let me go track down my wedding guest who gave it to me, ask for a receipt as proof of purchase, and go to the store they purchased it from. Yeah right.... In the end I filed a police report, but I doubt they'll do anything about it. I will never do business with Travelocity again and I advise anyone not to get gift cards from them. The gift cards in no way are secure.

Also I wanted to comment how poor their Travelocity incentives website looks. Their rates are higher than their regular Travelocity site. A complete scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2010 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity-Incentives/internet/Travelocity-Incentives-Travelocity-Gift-Cards-Travelocity-Gift-Cards-Scam-Internet-642481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity Incentives