Complaint Review: Travelocity Travel Insurance

• Reported By: Hemal — Weehawken New Jersey United States of America
Travelocity Travel Insurance

Travelocity Travel Insurance Don't buy their Travel Insurance Internet

*Consumer Comment: You can't be serious

I  am a journalist and often travel to different countries for my work.  I was traveling to Pakistan for my work and I bought a ticket from Travelocity and purchased an additional Trip Insurance for $40.  While purchasing the trip insurance the terms and conditions were not clear to me.  The website simply said that if you need to cancel or modify your travel plans then purchase a travel insurance to pay for it.  Two days before my date of travel there was a bomb blast in Islamabad and my project and my trip got delayed.  Obviously I had to delay my flight.  I delayed my flight without worrying too much because I had the travel insurance.  When I contacted Travelocity and their Trip insurer later for a claim of my change fee - they simply denied my claim.  They said that the travel insurance only covers medical emergencies or natural calamities.  It does not cover delay of trip because of other reasons.  While purchasing the travel insurance it wasn't clear that that's the only thing the insurance covers.  I feel ripped off because now I have to bear my change fee.  Terrorist attack is not something I had ever anticipated or planned for.  My trip was delayed because of situations outside my control.  Travelocity's refusal to pay my change fee is pure cheating.  I am really angry.  I hope somebody teaches a lesson to these evil insurance companies who simply steal people's money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2009 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity-Travel-Insurance/internet/Travelocity-Travel-Insurance-Dont-buy-their-Travel-Insurance-Internet-536446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity Travel Insurance

You can't be serious

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If it was not clear what the insurance covered why did you buy it?  By the way not sure why you felt it was not clear,  because it says it covers it if you are prevented for taking your trip because of one of the following COVERED reasons.

From Travelocity:

The insurer will pay benefits up to your total trip cost only in the event you are prevented from taking your trip for one of the following, covered reasons:

You, a traveling companion, or an immediate family member suffers an injury, sickness, or death;

You or your traveling companion

(i) are hijacked, quarantined, required to serve on a jury, or subpoenaed;

(ii) has a principal residence made uninhabitable by fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane, or other natural disaster; or

(iii) are directly involved in a documented traffic accident while en route to departure;

Default of the travel supplier resulting solely from their financial insolvency;

Inclement weather or the occurrence of a natural disaster, including a hurricane, causing a complete cessation of travel and/ or transportation services at your point of departure and/or destination for more than 48 hours.

Nothing in those COVERED reasons state anything about Terrorism, Acts of War, or having your project delayed.

Terrorist attack is not something I had ever anticipated or planned for.

Seriously, unless you have been living under a rock for the last decade, it is hard to believe that you even made that statement.  After all you do know where Pakistan is located don't you?

I really hope that Hemal is not part or all of your real name, because unless you write Fiction the lack of research and common sense you wrote here would definitely lower your creditability.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC