Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Updated: Thu, August 08, 2013

• Reported By: Patty — Farmington Hills Michigan
Travelocity
Internet, Select State/Province USA

Travelocity I ended up paying $929.80 for a round trip ticket from Detroit,MI to Denver,CO, when the original price was $302.80. Internet

I booked a roundtrip airfare from Detroit, MI to Denver, CO for $302.80.  My daughter had an emergency c-section and I wanted to change the date of my trip.  I knew there would be a penalty involved.  I called Travelocity and changed my ticket date.  When I returned home, I received a bill from my credit card for $302.80, $40.00 and $587.00.  My emails from Travelocity were still showing that I had the original trip scheduled.

I called Customer Service and spent a total of 25 minutes on the phone.  They then removed the trip from my account and sent me these figures:  Old Fare:  $302.80   New Fare:  $689.80   Fare Difference:  $387.00   Change Fees:  $200.00   Travelocity Fees:  $40.00  Total Reissue amount:  $627.00

Another 30 minutes was spent on the phone with customer service to no avail.  I had to pay $929.80 for roundtrip airfare to Denver, CO from Detroit, MI.

In my opinion, nobody ever receives satisfaction when speaking with Customer Service.  Travelocity's website that deals with changing flights, stated a policy that differed from what I was hearing from Customer Service.  I am very disappointed with Travelocity and am trying to spread the word so that other people don't have to suffer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/Internet-Select-StateProvince/Travelocity-I-ended-up-paying-92980-for-a-round-trip-ticket-from-DetroitMI-to-DenverC-1074085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity