Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Submitted: Sat, May 30, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, December 18, 2010

• Reported By:Slidell Louisiana
Travelocity
11603 Crosswinds Way, Suir 125, San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Travelocity, Delta Airline fraud, abuse of trust, deception, intentional infliction of emotional pain, breach of contract, passenger bumping San Antonio Texas

*Author of original report: Travelocity & Delta Pay

*Consumer Comment: And?

*Consumer Comment: Wasn't it your mistake?

On February 20, 2009, I have purchased from Travelocity (an internet travel agency) three Delta Airline tickets for a May 24, 2009 trip from New Orleans International Airport to Kiev, Ukraine. The tickets have been bought for two adults - Boris Odynocki, his wife, and our 8 year old child, Elizabeth Odynocki.

Travelocity confirmed the purchase on the same day by e-mailing to me "Travelocity Confirmation". It confirmed that two tickets were purchased for 2 adults for $1, 804.00 ($902.00 per person) and 1 child for $793.00, that is, for $109.00 less.

On May 24, 2009 all three of us arrived at 5 a.m. at the Delta Airline boarding stand to begin our trip. However, Delta Airline employees did not allow us to board the plane. They explained to us that their computer spitted out one boarding pass to the name of my wife, two passes to my name, Boris Odynocki, but none to the name of my child, Elizabeth Odynocki.

It appears that Travelocity transferred the child's ticket to my name, a 68 year old man.

The Delta employees refused to correct the obvious screw up, explaining that company policy forbids them to transfer tickets from one passenger to another, even though the ticket had been bought for a child, at children's discount.

A Travelocity employee, who introduced himself as Victor based in India, telephoned by me, was "extremly sorry", but refused to help. He put the blame on me because, he said, you had confirmed two tickets to your name.

He could not explain, however, why would I want to buy two tickets for myself to the same flight, to the same destination, at child's discount. I am 68 years old!

When we arrived home, I began doing legal research for my lawsuit against the company. The company's physical address was unavailable on the internet. All the telephones that I could find led to India and responded by "extrmely sorry" Indians. And yet to sue, one needs the physical address of the company, the name of its CEO,or his legal representative, and the defendants' telephone number.

Surfing the web, I discovered that Travelocity is being sued by a number of American cities for the refusal to pay local taxes on the hotel rooms they book
for their victims. I contacted the city attorney of San Antonio, TX and asked his aids for help. They released the name, the address, and the telephone number of a Travelocity legal representative, Mr. Brian S. Stagner, attorney at law.

I called his office twice and left a message on his answering machine, suggesting settling the matter, since the amount of approximately $3,200 (including the trip to and from the airport) is small. Mr. Stagner has never returned my call. But Mr. Sanford Bradshaw of Travelocity Executive Resolutions Team e-mailed me on May 29, a settlement offer.

This is what he wrote:

" We have reviewed your reservation, and unfortunately, are ubable to garant your request for a refund. Our records show this reservation was made online for Boris Odynocki, Inna Odynocki, and Boris Odynocki. A confirmation e-mail was sent... on February 20. As stated in the policies agreed to online, these tickets are nonrefudable and names changes are not permitted. You currently hold credits for Boris and Inna Odynocki in the amount of $1002.70 each toward future travel on Delta. You also hold a second credit for Boris Odynocki in the amount of $893.70.... This travel must be completed by February 20, 2010.... Delta will charge an administrative service charge of $250.00 per ticket, plus any fare difference."

The ferocity and arrogance with which Travelocity and Delta Airline fight for my money suggest that the name screw up was delibarate. And the idea was to bait me with the significantly lower ticket prices in February in order to force me to buy tickets at much higher prices in full season (now) or forfeit them entirely in the fall/winter season, when we can not travel at all.

I obviously will fight Travelocity in court, but I appeal to everyone, who reads this report to ask your congressmen to make a law criminalizing such practices. Travelocity and Delta Airline commit fraud against unsuspecting victims, and because of it, they must be stopped.

David N. Falcone Dictionary of American Criminal Justice, Criminology & Criminal Law, 2005 defines fraud as "The knowing and unlawful deception of another with the intent to cause him or her to unwittingly surrender property, rights, emoluments, or pecuniary interest."

Boris
Slidell, Louisiana

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Travelocity.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2009 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/San-Antonio-Texas-78233/Travelocity-Delta-Airline-fraud-abuse-of-trust-deception-intentional-infliction-of-emo-456858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity

Travelocity & Delta Pay

AUTHOR: Dr. boris odynocki - (U.S.A.)

In June 2009 I filed a lawsuit againstTravelocity and Delta in the Federal District Court here in New Orleans,accusingthem of fraud. I met with two attorneys representingthe defendantsin a pretrial conference. The judge and both attorneys urged me to settle the case without trial. The Delta attorney told me that the company would like to avoid negative publicity that trial would entail. I agreed.

Defendants offered me $5,000 and a Delta discountticket to anywhere in the world. I accepted the offer and flew to Istambul, Turkey.

Acording to the U.S. Commercial Code(the law),a business mistake that caused no loss to the participantsin the transaction does not free either party from fulfillinghis/her contractual obligations.Travelocity and Delta amitted they suffered no loss. They also admitted that they could not prove I had made the mistake.

I avoid flying Delta Airlines, preferring, instead, Continental. I avoid buying tickets or making hotel reservations through intermidiaries like Travelocity, CheapTickets, etc. Just read what customers say abou them.

Just say NO! to corporate fraud.

And?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"..Confirmation also included the names of the passengers: my wife's once, my own name, Boris Odynocki, twice, but not that of my child, Elizabeth Odynocki..."
- So when you got that the names of the passengers you did NOTHING?

"It appears that Travelocity transferred the child's ticket to my name"
- NO you had a confirmation for your name twice and your wife's name. Are you saying that there is not even a remote chance that you entered the wrong information and it MUST be the fault of Travelocity?

I also wonder how much 'research' you actually did because it took me about 30 seconds to find their physical address. Which brings into question how accurate your other information is.

They are owned by SabreHoldings with the following addresses

Sabre Holdings Corporation

Sabre Airline Solutions
1 East Kirkwood Boulevard
www.sabreairlinesolutions.com

Wasn't it your mistake?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You said the confirmation message you got did not have your child on it but had yours on it twice. It sounds like you accidentally put the wrong name on your childs reservation and yet you went to the airport thinking it would be OK? Not these days unfortunately. They had no way of knowing the childs ticket was in the wrong name.

It's true that they can't change the names on tickets anymore.

I wish you luck but I think you have an uphill road ahead of you.