Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Submitted: Thu, August 21, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 11, 2008

• Reported By:Kailua Hawaii
Travelocity
11603 Crosswinds Way, Suite 125 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Travelocity Did not issue paper tickets in time for air travel and made me buy another set of tickets. When I applied for a refund, it was rejected. They ripped me off royal!!! San Antonio Texas

*Author of original report: Travelocity - San Antonio, Texas

I purchased tickets for my daughter Christine for travel in December 2008. Part of teh itinerary was for travel on ATA. Travelocity issued paper tickets in March 2008. When ATA went out of business in April 2008, I requested re-scheduling this for travel in July. Travelocity agreed to do this if I first send back the paper tickets. I did so in June 2008.I called them shortly thereafter and they acknowledged receiving the paper tickets. Travelocity sent me a confirmation email with the new July itinerary and it also stated thata reply email was not necessary. Travelocity also issued a 6 letter confirmation code for on-line or kiosk check-in. The day before travel, on July 8th, my daughter tried to checkin online. It was denied and the airline, Midwest Air, said that paper tickets were necessary for check-in. I called Travelocity and they said they could not get paper tickets to her in time for her flight. They said she should go to the airline counter and claim "she lost her tickets" and file a Lost ticket claim, pay the fee, then apply to Travelocity for a refund. When she tried to do that, Midwest said they do not have that lost ticket policy anymore. She would have to buy a new ticket. I called Travelocity and they said if that was the case, she should buy a new ticket, keep the receipts and apply for a refund. I told them Travelocity should buy the tickets for her and that I already paid for the tickets. They declined and said that the only way they could accommodate her was if we bought another ticket. She did so and promptly filed a refund claim the next day. Upon calling travelocity and faxing/mailing them all of the documents, Travelocity is claiming the do not owe her a refund because they already sent the paper tickets to her. They are getting "stuck" on the first set of tickets they issued, one ones I sent back to them. I told them, how could I book the July flight when I sent the tickets back to them in June. I never received paper tickets for the July flight since the confirmation email led us to believe that on-line or kiosk checkin was acceptable and that this was an e-ticket, especially when the email stated that a reply email was not necessary. I have spent 5 hours on the phone arguing with the agent, then the supervisor but did not get any straight answers or implication that a refund was coming. They are trying to avoid the issue and are ripping me off!

Peter
Kailua, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2008 11:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/San-Antonio-Texas-78233/Travelocity-Did-not-issue-paper-tickets-in-time-for-air-travel-and-made-me-buy-another-set-365643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity

Travelocity - San Antonio, Texas

AUTHOR: Peter k. yamashita - (U.S.A.)

Thanks to the RipOff Report and the BBB of Fort Worth, Travelocity repaid my extra airline tickets I had to purchase due to their failure to send my original tickets for my flight time. I am grateful for these companies efforts to get Travelocity to "own up" and do the right thing. Thank you RipOff Report and BBB!!! Couldn't have done it without your help!