Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Submitted: Sun, January 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2008

• Reported By:Mount Pleasant Michigan
Travelocity
3150 Sabre Dr. Southlake, Texas U.S.A.

Travelocity Guarantee is a fraud Southlake, Texas

Travelocity fraudulently claims "that everything about your booking will be right, or we'll work with our partners to make it right, right away." This is a lie.
I booked a package deal with them to involving two airlines and a hotel. I was leery of this but I relied on the Travelocity Guarantee.

The flight out on Continental was cancelled because of mechanical problems. We booked a morning flight out of DTW to minimize problems. At least 5 other Continental flights left that day to the exact destination but they kept our plane at the gate while they flew in parts from Newark. Then they had to have mechanics drive in from Cleveland. We were held captive within paging distance of the gate for 12 hours before they gave up and flew us out the next day. They refused to put us on the next plane or find another flight while they attempted to fix the plane. We lost a PREPAID night at the hotel and a day of our PREPAID short vacation. We lost one of our two full days.

So why complain about Travelocity rather than Continental? This was a package sold by Travelocity. They were not acting as only a booking agent but since they bundled the trip into a package they became the vendor. Because I booked through Travelocity and they advertise that they have a special relationship with their partners I looked to them for help. I made several calls to them and they were useless. In fact, I let them know of the delay and the hotel gave away our room with two beds

If I had booked separately though the airline I would have had them correct the problem. I would have accepted adding a day at the end. This would have been a hassle with work and everything but I would have made a reasonable compromise. I thought Travelocity would have "done the legwork" as they advertised, contacted the airline and worked something out. But they were totally useless. They just rout your calls overseas to a call center where they politely tell you too bad, so sad. If you can understand what they say

The only thing Travelocity was willing to do was to change the flight and book another night at the hotel at my expense for the room, penalty for changing the flight, and any increase in fare. They would have actually profited because of the airlines incompetence and their refusal to honor there own false advertising! Incredible!

Never book a package deal through Travelocity and don't trust their claim that they will help you with problems. You are much better off booking separately so if there is a problem you can deal with the individual vendors directly.

Nosepicker
Mount Pleasant, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2008 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/Southlake-Texas-76092/Travelocity-Guarantee-is-a-fraud-Southlake-Texas-303757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity