Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Travelocity hotel ripoff Southlake Texas

*Consumer Comment: Should check with hotel first

My daughter had a Art show a couple hours away. I was going to drive down and back in the same day,but thought it would be easier for us to stay over. So, I booked an advertised,"available" room with Travelocity. It was a same day booking, I needed the room for that night. It was Friday. I typed in arrive 3/21, depart 3/22. I paid, unfrotunately with my debit Mastercard. I called the hotel and she said, she had me down for three nights, starting Sunday 3/23. I said, that's wrong. I need to have a room for tonight and just one night, not three? I won't even be in town those nights. She informed me they were sold out all week and most everone else in town is too, do to the College sports events. I called Travelocity.

The lady told me, I put in the wrong dates. I said no! I double checked the dates. She said she would refund my money. I said, when? She said it should be right away. I got a code to confirm that I was cancelled. I called my bank. Travelocity took $326.00 out of my bank account. I spent 3 hrs back and forth with the bank and Travelocity. The money isn't there yet? I will have to wait and see. I was going to take my daughter to Berea, Ky., to see the Art College and shopps, but my bank account was drained by Travelocity. I'm a single parent of two teenagers, I can't afford to be ripped off by Travelocity! They tripple booked me and advertised a room that wasn't even available! I will never use them and I'm spreading the word!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2014 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/Southlake-Texas/Travelocity-hotel-ripoff-Southlake-Texas-1133019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity

Should check with hotel first

AUTHOR: Pirate Greg - ()

Hello, What a frustrating experience.  I always check the hotel's website first to get the best rate and availability.  I then check the 3rd party online vendors like Travelocity, Expedia, etc and have NEVER found a cheaper rate on a 3rd party site (they are the normal rate the hotel charges) and in many cases I get a cheaper rate directly from the hotel.  Also, many hotels have a liberal cancellation policy, some let you cancel with no penalty up to 4pm on the day you are to checkin - try that with a 3rd party vendor.  Also, since there was a big event in town there may have been a 3 night minimum stay involved that was not communicated to you (this is just a guess).

citys