Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Updated: Sat, September 08, 2012

• Reported By: donnellie — ST PETERSBURG Florida United States of America
Travelocity

Travelocity Is anyone looking into Travelocity's criminal actions? Internet

I was booking airline tickets on Travelocity's website for my 2 nephews to come visit.  About half way thru filling out information, the site would not let me go further.  I tried several ways to proceed, but to no avail, so I called their customer service line for help.

An agent told me the reason I could not go further was because that fare was no longer available.  He said he had other fares, but of course they were more money.  I said that nothing appeared on my screen to tell me it's no longer available, but he insisted this was true, & I would have to pay more now.  I told him I was not interested and hung up.

I then rebooked on line again w/Travelocity and found several of the fares I originally saw!  So I then proceeded, this time without incident, & was able to book their fares at the original prices.

I put the charge on my Capital One card & when I got the bill, I noticed that Travelocity had double booked me, charging me double the original amount.  I called Capital One, they had no idea what went wrong, so they arranged a conference call between me, Capital One and United Air (which was the carrier).  UA said they had nothing to do with this & the problem would lie with Travelocity.

We then (conference call) called Travelocity & explained all the details.  They said they would call United Air to settle this, but we said we already did & they have nothing to do with it. They said they would call anyway & put us on hold. The agent came back & said UAir would let me take another trip, but would charge me $100.00 to do this.

I snapped back that I didn't want to pay money for their mistake, so at his point we asked to speak to her manager.  I was then told by Capital One, that she hung up the phone, so that ended our investigation!  Capital One is filing a dispute, but clearly Travelocity purposely tried to rip me off, not once, but 3 times.  I worry about how other people are being taken by them.  All of this is surely criminal behavior.  Please, someone investigate Travelocity!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/internet/Travelocity-Is-anyone-looking-into-Travelocitys-criminal-actions-Internet-938486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity