Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Submitted: Wed, February 09, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 09, 2011

• Reported By: Stewart — San Juan Other Puerto Rico
Travelocity
11603 Crosswinds Way St. 125 San Antonio, TX 78233 Internet United States of America

Travelocity Shadowy, Thieves, 100% non-transparency, inexplicable, unacceptable, inept overseas call center Internet

On January 14 I tried to book a reservation on travelocity.com. At checkout I was told there was an error and I needed to call in my reservation (which is more expensive). The agent I spoke with did not charge me the extra fee for calling in after I explained what happened, but after agreeing on the $447 price she charged my card $501.

I was told the $54 would be refunded within 7-10 business days, which seemed odd since I never agreed to $501 to begin with. Three days before my flight, I had no refund and when I called Travelocity I was told I had no reservation, either. After 4 hours on the phone with Travelocity someone found my reservation and my refund; however, I was told it would be another 7-10 business days.

After waiting another 10 business days I called only to find out that the refund order had an error and it would be yet another 7-10 business days before I was refunded the money that I never should've been charged in the first place, and who knows if the money will be there at that time.

Overseas call centers, complicated computer systems that are full of glitches and errors, inept customer service personel who only care about repeating their meaningless phrases from their pitch book, that's Travelocity to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2011 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/internet/Travelocity-Shadowy-Thieves-100-non-transparency-inexplicable-unacceptable-inept-ov-693044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity