Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Submitted: Fri, November 12, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, November 12, 2010

• Reported By: kevinsbsg — Whittier California United States of America
Travelocity

Travelocity Travelocity.com Ripped me off for $300 to change ticket times, Internet

Travelocity is a rip off!!! I booked a reservation for the wrong day (21st instead of 22nd). Less than 2 hours go by and I realize I put in the wrong date. I call them up and go through their automated process and finally get to talk to someone about my trip. They said "it will cost you $180 per person for a total of $360 plus whatever difference in the ticket price. This is an airline fee and we have no control over this. There is nothing we can do.". So, I call the airline directly and find out from them that this is not true. They can change the flight within 24 hours with NO FEE!!! The fee is being charged because I used Travelocity and they could have it reduced to $300 and no fee for changing my ticket. They can't waive the charge because it is Travelocity's charge for making a change, not theirs. They ended up charging me the $300 and got me a flight the next day.

Do not use Travelocity!! I will never use them again!! They are liars and cheat people out of money and blame it on the airlines!!! There is nothing you can do once you book with them!! I even paid for the trip insurance for $20 each and still would not make the change without $360. Cancellations and rebooking is not covered by the trip insurance (another rip off!).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2010 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/internet/Travelocity-Travelocitycom-Ripped-me-off-for-300-to-change-ticket-times-Internet-661304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity