Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Updated: Tue, January 01, 2008

• Reported By:ann arbor Michigan
Travelocity
travelocity.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Travelocity Fraudulent Travelocity ruined my honeymoon, they need to be taken to court! Nationwide

Like so many other claims on here, I too was paid for and was promised a package and delivered only a small portion of it.

My newly-wed wife and I deceided to book our honey-moon through Travelocity. We bought our air and hotel to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Our flight was fine, however upon checking-in at our hotel, we were told that there had been no reservation made or payment received. This was unacceptable since Travelocity had no problem charging my account $1,800.00.

After spending approximately 8 hours on the phone with inaudible, and incompetent third world operators, I was charged international rates on my phone exceeding $500. I was assured the problem was "fixed" by all 8 operators I spoke to confirming my payment and reservation.

In the end, I had to pay for my seven (7) night stay upon checking-out. I am now out an additional $1400.00 for the $200 a night resort. This was in October, it is now January. Travelocity has not accepted responsibility for their erroneous actions. My $1,800.00 inclusive honeymoon ended up costing me $3,700.00.

I am now currently blogging Travelocity with every site possible for ruining my honeymoon. If you have had a similar issue, I strongly urge you to do the same.

Miket
ann arbor, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2008 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/nationwide/Travelocity-Fraudulent-Travelocity-ruined-my-honeymoon-they-need-to-be-taken-to-court-Na-296073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity