Complaint Review: Travelocity.com

• Updated: Tue, February 02, 2010

• Reported By: CK — United States of America
Travelocity.com

Travelocity.com TRAVELOCITY.COM DISHONEST, SCAM, RIPOFF Internet

I have been booking with travelocity.com for years and used them for all my vacation bookings.  Its sad that their quality and service have gone down the drain so quickly but I thought everyone should know so you don't have to deal with the same mess I am right now!

I just tried to book a flight as I have done countless times before, however, I encountered an error message when I clicked confirm after entering my payment information.  It told me to try again, which I did.

Now, they charged my CC twice so that my CC held the same funds twice which over-drafted my account AND the flight is not even booked or secured in any way!  I just called travelocity to confirm this and they said that the flight is not booked or held and they can't even guarantee me the same price or refund me the money / release my funds

Worst, when I called the first time, I waited 10 minutes just to speak to an associate who basically told me he couldn't do anything.  Then, when I asked them to transfer me to a supervisor who could do something, he said he will and hung up instead.  I called back and waited on hold another 10-15 min before speaking to an assoicate, then waited another 10-15 minutes before speaking to a supervisor who called my CC company on conference with promises to release the funds.  However, it was then realized that travelocity couldn't release the funds and only the airline could directly sinceTravelocity processed it as a charge from the airline.  We then conference the airline and they say that they need travelocity to provide a reference number or confirmation number to release my funds but travelocity does not have this because THEY CHARGED ME TWICE and DID NOT EVEN BOOK ANYTHING FOR ME so there was obviously no confirmation of anything because they basically charged me for nothin.  After a total of literally 1 hour on the phone...the end result is "you'll just have to wait and see what happens when it gets posted to your account" and they told me to call back EVERYONE (airline, travelocity, and CC company) the next day.  I have other priorities and do not have the time to wait on hold and play phone  tag with them--why should I be responsible for an unauthorized charge for nothing?

All in all, they charged my account twice which over-drafted my Credit Card which I have never done therefore ruining my perfect credit.  Also, please keep in mind--they did NOT charge me twice for something I booked, they charged me twice for literally NOTHING at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2010 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocitycom/internet/Travelocitycom-TRAVELOCITYCOM-DISHONEST-SCAM-RIPOFF-Internet-563759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity.com