Complaint Review: Travelocity.com

• Submitted: Tue, May 08, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 09, 2012

• Reported By: David in Nebraska — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Travelocity.com

Travelocity.com Travelocity Travelocity could not handle connections revisions, never called back, nor e-mailed as offered and promised. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Simple Questions...

Right after buying a round trip plane ticket to Italy with the desired pricing and connections,  Travelocity e-mailed me to note that a 2 1/2 hour layover in Amsterdam was now a 14 hour layover.   I called and after an hour being on and off hold, was told that I would be contacted with a revised itinerary.   Travelocity did not send a revised itinerary, resolve the issue, nor contact me within 48 hours.

I called Travelocity 5 more times and thus far without resolution have wasted about 7 hours of my time being on hold.

i) twice Travelocity said that Alitalia Airlines customer service was closed outside of normal business hours and to call Travelocity back in the morning.   Travelocity put me on hold for 45 minutes and said "we'll get back to you.  They have my phone number voicemail, e-mail.   - no reply or resolution from Travelocity.

ii) American airlines made a flight changing a connection in Chicago.   Travelocity has not resolved any of this issue each time I called regarding this problem.

iii) I was told to call both airlines directly.

iv) I want my money back and the hours of my life back that I've spent trying to deal with Travelocity.   Customer service is poor and management seems not to care how bad customer experiences can be.   I'd recommend any other supplier, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, or the Airlines themselves.    All this time I'm seeing Orbitz or Expedia offering for comparable prices without this problem in/out of Florence, Italy.   If I can cancel with Travelocity and pay slightly more with someone else, I will.   Given my experience, it looks like Travelocity management doesn't cares if I reach my destination or gets stranded in the process.    NEVER do business with Travelocity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2012 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocitycom/internet/Travelocitycom-Travelocity-Travelocity-could-not-handle-connections-revisions-never-call-879971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity.com

Simple Questions...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What does AA have to do with Alitalia? And how is Travelocity responsible for this?

iii) I was told to call both airlines directly.
- So why don't you?

- When you find out how to travel back in time please let us know.

- How do you know they didn't have this same problem?

- Nothing in this report shows that they are stranding you.  The only issue you specifically mentioned is that you have a longer layover than originally expected.