Complaint Review: Travelocity.com

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 30, 2008

• Reported By:Ashfield Other
travelocity.com Internet U.S.A.

Travelocity.com travelocity, sabre, sabre holdings, yahoo travel, zuji Online Internet

We made a booking through Travelocity.com on 23rd of August 2008. A total charge of US $3116 for the trip was quoted and charged.

I called Travelocity on 8th December 2008 to change dates for the second leg of the trip. The travelocity representative confirmed that there will be a charge
of $60 only for change in dates. I double checked with representative to make sure there were no other charges and he called the Airline while placing me on hold and confirmed that $60 will be the only charge.

I received a confirmation email from Travelocity a few hours later which clearly says that only a charge of $60 was being applied on my credit card for any fare difference and service charges. As confirmed, a charge of $60 was applied against my credit card on 11th December 2008 from Travelocity.

It was all well until there were two additional charges of $2249.09 AUD each (total of 4498.18 Australian
Dollars) appeared on credit card statement on 18th December 2008.

I called the Travelocity.com after Christmas on 28th December 2008 and spoke to various operators at their Indian call center. Initially, they refused to acknolwledge any charges and asked me to call the Airline in Dubai. I called the Airline who said my contract was with Travelocity and not with them and they won't discuss any billing issues with me. Travelocity asked me to email copy of credit card statements which were emailed numerous times to them. Everytime I called, their operator would take an hour to come up with excuses and hope that I hang up the phone and after an hour of going back and forth, they would put me on hold and never come back on the phone.

I am a full time student and an amount of $4500 AUD (roughly USD $3000) is a lot of money. I have spent more than 10 hours chasing travelocity and there is no progress at all.

This is my worst customer service experience with any company. They simply have no dispute resolution system in process and a horrible customer service team who try to dodge responsibility and use unethical tactics to ignore your claims.

My issue is still unresolved. Travelocity has ripped me off big - charged $4500 without any invoice, any quote, any justification and they are going to any extent for avoiding responsibility. This is simply lawless act and I recommend consumers not to trust Travelocity with their money or personal details as you could be out of pocket like me with no easy way to deal with these incompetent people.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Travelocity.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocitycom/internet/Travelocitycom-travelocity-sabre-sabre-holdings-yahoo-travel-zuji-Online-Internet-406343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity.com