Complaint Review: Travelocity.com

• Updated: Thu, September 07, 2006

• Reported By:south daytona Florida
Travelocity.com
travelocity.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Travelocity.com I was charged for airlines tickets on my M/C - It was fraud and they showed no interest Internet travelocity.com Internet

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the advise

*Consumer Comment: They were a victim too.........

I was charged for two airlines tickets on Delta airlines.

I called my credit card and reported the transaction. They told me who the tickets were for.

I called Travelocity and they were only interested my name, address and phone number as well as the credit card - They too had the name of the persons the tickets were made out to.

I was only trying to help them so they could not honor the tickets - there response was that wasn't his job.

Artie
south daytona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2006 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocitycom/nationwide/Travelocitycom-I-was-charged-for-airlines-tickets-on-my-MC-It-was-fraud-and-they-showe-184864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity.com

Thanks for the advise

AUTHOR: Artie - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for the advise - I already had the charges removed by the credit card company - I felt confident that someone at a restaurant I had eaten used the card - I don't know if I did it out of the goodness of my heart just did what I would want someone else to do if I were to lose money.

thanks again

They were a victim too.........

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

I might be reading this wrong but out of the kindess of your heart, you called them. They did not care, SO WHAT! Your credit card company will reverse the charges and you wont be liable for a thing.

If you have not done so already, dispute the charges and the cc will suspend that charge while they investigate. Since you seem to know who used your card, I would probably file a police report and explain that to your credit card company too so that they can expedite the reversal more quickly.

YOu did your part, now sit back and relax and let the justice system do what they need to do. The real fraud is the people who used your card. I would be a bit more concerned how those people got your number and what else in the way of your personal information that they have.

Please contact the big three credit agencies and put a fraud alert on your account (so that they cant open any other credit cards in your name using the information that they have from your already used credit card, this would be kinda easy) when you alert the big three (dont think I can list the numbers here so goole for them). If ANYONE tries to open credit in YOUR name, you will be alerted.

convenient