Complaint Review: Travis E. Nech

• Submitted: Sat, February 02, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — Cedar hILL Texas United States of America
Travis E. Nech
123 Pearl St. Granbury, TX Fort worth, joshua, Granbury, Arlington, Texas United States of America

Travis E. Nech DFW Brick Repair, Alamo Masonry, Travis E. Nech Enterprises, Brick Magic, Metro Leveling, Landmark Stone Supply Inc, North Texas Masonry, granburybrickrepair.com, Nech Ranch, www.socialXpressions.com Performed work with poor craftsmanship, broke many promises Fort worth, joshua, Granbury, Arlington, Texas

I hired them to fix some brick cracks on my house.  They did an OK job while we were watching them, but after we left, they worked on a column, and they botched the job.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves: (((link redacted)))

Prices:  Their prices are too high.  They charged me 300 for mortar color matching, which was 150 more than another reputable masonry company.  Also, they just make up the prices.  And they try pressure sales tactics by giving you a discount for "Today only".  In fact, I was told they could start on Friday, and they said they would, and then they did not.

My house still looks like crap 6 months later. I've emailed Travis 15 times.  Called him 7.  Funny how before he did the job, he was all prompt about answering the emails and now he does not. [continued below]....
.....  I called him and he pretented like it may have gotten caught in his spam filter, and he promised to look.  So I emailed him at another email address and from multiple addresses.

Na'er a reply.  I called him last, August 16th, and left a message.  He called me back, which was surprising.  He promised to come out Friday, or Saturday, or both.  He was too hard to pin down, I guess because he just wanted to sell me rocks and what not, rather than acutally have the best quality in the masonry business.  I find it offensive that he can make that many outrageous claims and lies on his various Youtube posts and websites. Like he is the best mason in Texas.

Its February 2013 and I've seen neither hair nor hide of Travis.  He didn't follow through with any of his promises and the mortar gaps are still way too wide and the bricks are crooked and there are gaps in the mortar.  At least the joints are holding up so far, but my house does not move much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travis-E-Nech/Fort-worth-joshua-Granbury-Arlington-Texas-/Travis-E-Nech-DFW-Brick-Repair-Alamo-Masonry-Travis-E-Nech-Enterprises-Brick-Magic-M-1007777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travis E. Nech