Complaint Review: Travis Lutter Gym

• Reported By: Scam Billing — Fort Worth Texas
Travis Lutter Gym
6913 Camp Bowie Blvd Fort Worth, Texas USA

Travis Lutter Gym SCAMFUL BILLING!!! Fort Worth Texas

BEWARE OF THEIR SCAMFUL BILLING!!!

Read other reviews about how the contract is set up. It's a shame that you can only train at the gym after signing a convoluted contract that will scam you out of money after TRYING to cancel your membership. Once attempting to cancel your membership you will continue to get charged for training you do not receive EVEN AFTER agreeing to pay the cancellation fee. They do not refund membership fees either.

This gym is a front for a money machine. They do not care about members... they only care about revenue.

Personal experience: I moved away and could no longer attend the gym. I called to cancel and I was told I needed to send an email to the billing department. Too easy, right? Wrong!

I emailed the billing department explaining my situation and they wanted either proof of my new address (which I didn't have because I was just renting a room from someone) or pay the cancellation fee. The cancellation process takes 60 days. Kinda crappy, but no problem. I'll just pay the cancellation fee and eat the additional 60 days of membership. This was a stipulation in the contract, so no complaining on my end.

For whatever reason, Travis waived my cancellation fee. Nice guy! I thought since I chose to pay the cancellation fee (aside the fact that it was waived) that this cancellation was in process. Wrong again!! They 60 days later they billed me $500 for another membership cycle. I called to figure it out and they said I never cancelled because I didn't send any supporting documents stating that I moved. Problem was I chose the path of paying the cancellation fee.

Now they will not refund my unwarranted and unauthorized debit of $500 and will no longer speak to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travis-Lutter-Gym/Fort-Worth-Texas-76116/Travis-Lutter-Gym-SCAMFUL-BILLING-Fort-Worth-Texas-1128294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travis Lutter Gym