Complaint Review: Travis Lutter

• Updated: Wed, November 14, 2012

• Reported By: adaireb — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
Travis Lutter
6913 Camp Bowie Blvd Suite 133 Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

Travis Lutter Team Lutter, Lutter Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, MMA Terrible customer service, fraudulent business practices, beware Fort Worth, Texas

I signed my 6 y/o up for a jiu-jitsu class, and got a whole lot more than I bargained for.  I signed an enrollment agreement form and another form for ACH withdrawals, not knowing that their 'billing company' Affiliated Acceptance Corporation would actually be submitting tradelines to all 3 major credit bureaus.  At this point, I was a little frustrated when this new thing appeared on my credit monitoring service and I had no idea who/what it was, let alone this was not disclosed in the agreement or verbally by the gym owners when we signed up.

After about 8 months of class, my child lost interest and I emailed the gym owners to cancel.  I got a response that read: 'Thank you for the heads up. Also just to make sure about the billing make sure to contact AAC in regards to your payment.' Apparently, what this really meant was, if you don't call them we will continue to withdraw money from your checking account each month indefinitely.  Had I known that, I would have taken more time out of my already busy day to call yet another company.

When I noticed several months later that they were still withdrawing membership funds each month, I contacted the gym by phone and was referred again to the 'billing company'.  I also inquired what to tell them about the months of unused service, and was basically told that they would give additional training for the money they owed me, but otherwise 'too bad'.  Next, I contacted the 'billing company' and was told I had to give them a 60 day notice in writing (which conflicts with the 30 day language in the original agreement I have) and they also refused to do anything for the unused service.  In fact, the agent on the phone was extremely rude and refused to escalate the call to a supervisor and hung up on me.

Finally, I found my original email and subsequent reply about the cancellation and forwarded it back to the gym owners requesting they come up with some satisfactory resolution to the problem, and was told: 'All cancelations going thru AAC not Travis Lutter BJJ. It is your job to contact them. Call AAC at  1-800-233-8483. And they will cancel your account.'

On what planet is a business not responsible for their own business, regardless of who they have outsourced what to?!?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travis-Lutter/Fort-Worth-Texas-76116/Travis-Lutter-Team-Lutter-Lutter-Brazilian-Jiu-Jitsu-Mixed-Martial-Arts-MMA-Terrible-cu-969243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travis Lutter