Complaint Review: Tread Quarters

• Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: ryan — Newport News Virginia United States of America
Tread Quarters
8204 Newmarket Drive Newport News, Virginia United States of America

Tread Quarters Did work without vehicle owner's authorization Newport News, Virginia

I dropped off my 2010 vehicle to have it inspected.  They called me while I was out and left a message on my answering machine to contact the store.  When I did they notified me that in order to pass inspection they had to adjust my headlights.
They said they don't like to do work without owner's permission but "took a chance" that I would want it done so it would pass.  I was also notified that my battery needed post cleaning @ $15 each but I declined that and decided to check on my own.  At home, I took the terminals off the battery and there was absolutely no evidence of corrosion.
I am now extremely suspicious of the headlight adjustment and have owned many cars and only when I changed out a headlamp did I ever need to adjust the light.  They charged me $18.99 for the headlight adjustment and $3.50 for a shop fee (not sure what that would be for).  Very shady and very suspicious.  Definitely will not go back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tread-Quarters/Newport-News-Virginia-23605/Tread-Quarters-Did-work-without-vehicle-owners-authorization-Newport-News-Virginia-1018794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tread Quarters