Complaint Review: Treasure Coast Readers INC.

• Submitted: Tue, November 01, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Fountain Colorado United States of America
Treasure Coast Readers INC.
630 South Wickhan RD. Suite 104-105 Melbourn, Florida United States of America

Treasure Coast Readers INC. Deceptive, Abusive, Ripoff. Violations of UDAAP and DO NOT CALL. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM Melbourn, Florida

*Author of original report: Update

Received a call from this business claiming that we owe them several months payments for a "Magazine Bundle" that my wife ordered. I had never seen any bills or statements about this order. Supossedly back in May, my wife agreed to a bundle for 39.95 a month for 3 years. According to the representative I talked to, we had to pay for 3 consecutive months BEFORE receiving any magazines.

My wife briefly spoke to the rep, to allow me to deal with them. I asked to hear the recorded conversation with my wife agreeing to this verbal contract. It took the rep nearly 5 minutes to cue it up. Everytime my wife "agreed" to the offer, her voice was EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHEN SHE ANSWERED THE PHONE. I would guess to say they recorded her voice at that time and then cued it into the sales pitch.

We should have NEVER received the call in the first place. We have been on the Federal (and state) DO NOT CALL REGISTRY since May of 2006.

This business will not comply to the telemarketing regulations required by the DO NOT CALL registry, they use high-pressure sales techniques, harass consumers, and refuses to acknowledge customer complaints. The rep I was talking to said I had to make the payments or it would be reported to my wife's credit report.

Good thing we both have a credit monitoring service. If either of us see that they are reporting negative information to her credit report, we have grounds for litigation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2011 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Treasure-Coast-Readers-INC/Melbourn-Florida-32904/Treasure-Coast-Readers-INC-Deceptive-Abusive-Ripoff-Violations-of-UDAAP-and-DO-NOT-C-794056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Treasure Coast Readers INC.

Update

AUTHOR: Mark - (USA)

Have not received any additional calls from this company since.  I can only assume that they realized they violated the federal "Do-Not-Call" roster and that we were not responsible for any amount.  My wife and I have not seen any negative reporting from the company on our credit reports either.  Guess they gave up trying to scam us out of money for a product we didn't order and didn't want.

involves