Complaint Review: Treasure Island - Oceans Resorts

• Submitted: Thu, May 15, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, May 15, 2003

• Reported By:Davenport Florida
Treasure Island - Oceans Resorts
2025 S. Atlantic Avenue, , Daytona Beach, FL Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Treasure Island - Oceans Resorts ripoff mistreated and ripped off Daytona Beach Florida

My husband & I checked into this hotel, and were mis-treated from the first minute we arrived. I work in the hotel industry and know how important it is to be treated kindly.

We were told we did not have a reservation at the hotel, but I was holding my confirmation page showing I guaranteed it with my American Express Card. Then we were told wait here while we try to find it, after driving an hour and a half, we waited at the front desk for over twenty minutes while the desk agent and manager found the information.

I booked directly online through the hotel not through hotels.com or lodging.com. Expecting there would be no obvious problems. When the agent returned they stated they would check us in, asked what rate we were quoted, took my credit card.

Stated they would check us in, but WE were to come back in thirty minutes to make sure "All was okay", and they would "hold" my credit card until we came back! I refused stated they may imprint the card but not hold it! No one will "hold" our credit card...

When we arrived in our room, the Air-conditioner didn't work, when my husband and I looked at it, it just needed to be plugged in. I would not reccommend this hotel, due to the lack of professionalism at the front desk and staff not properly trained to pay attention to detail.

Davenport, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2003 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Treasure-Island-Oceans-Resorts/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32118/Treasure-Island-Oceans-Resorts-ripoff-mistreated-and-ripped-off-Daytona-Beach-Florida-57028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Treasure Island - Oceans Resorts