Complaint Review: Treasure Trooper

• Updated: Thu, October 13, 2011

• Reported By: AngryAmerican — fayetteville Georgia United States of America
Treasure Trooper
P.O. Box 8212 Bartlett, Illinois United States of America

Treasure Trooper www.treasuretrooper.com Breach of contract treasure trooper unpaid money Bartlett, Illinois

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Treasure Trooper refuses to respond to BBB

I was loured in to this website with all this big talk and photos of how much money I can make, I'm disabled and when I seen this companies advertisements, I was loured into completed long and tiresome surveys, downloading programs onto my computer, doing "work tasks", using my deibit card to do "trail offers", etc etc. These companies then pay the website on my behalf for me to be paid for my services. This company has been paid well over 100 dollars on my behalf already.  There is a file on this company in the BBB dept for the same thing which the website refused to reply back to the BBB last year when another person ran into this problem.  This website's terms of service clearly states if I do all these things, I shall be paid by the 25th of the month. There is zero mention anywhere on the website that states if there is a problem with payment you will have to wait yet another 1-2 months to be paid.  So after me completing my services, I seen option of payment, paypal or check, I use paypal regularly so I figure i click that,  there apprently was small print stating paypal is for "verified" paypal people, I use paypal regularly but I do not have bank account so my paypal is not verified however it is fully functional and is used on a daily basis with money transactions. So apprently on the 15th, this website sent money out to the users, I was never informed there was a problem, I contacted support, and was met with a swift and rude statement...saying I would NOT be paid for another 31 days or more since I clicked to be paid by paypal.  I never seen it say "verified" paypal only...that part was in small print.  So I asked to be paid by check instead... they flat out refused, and continiously closes all my support responses to keep me from replying to them.  This company has ALREADY been paid over 100 dollars for my services yet in my oppinion is trying it's best to not give me the money.
I worked every single day for.  Upon further inspections of their terms of service..it seems in my oppinion  they have clauses stating I can not seek legal action, also stating they can basically take my money without payment and ban me from the site for ANY reason.  This is NOT right!!!!!  In a time in america where all these people are out of work, seeking money for their families and self...companies like this is taking advantage of us!!!!!!  It is not right this company has  ALREADY been paid money on my behalf to be given to me.. only for them to keep holding it without giving it to me.....this business claims to have been running since 2005, yet I can't find them on any official business searches, no phone numbers, and only address I have found is from the BBB which lists a p.o box.  Their website shows photos of hundreds of people holding checks etc between 30 to over 100 bucks from the company, so I am wondering if this company is even paying taxes or even has a business liscense. Some of the profiles on the site show users making over 2000 dollars each!!! I want my money thats owed to me..and I am not going to let this company boss me around and tell me they not going to pay me on the time their own terms of service states.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2011 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Treasure-Trooper/Bartlett-Illinois-60103/Treasure-Trooper-wwwtreasuretroopercom-Breach-of-contract-treasure-trooper-unpaid-money-778805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Treasure Trooper

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Treasure Trooper refuses to respond to BBB

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Treasure Trooper is refusing to respond to the BBB over this matter stated above.

Complaint ID#: 94368087
Business Name: Treasure Trooper

Thank you for contacting the BBB. Your case was received by the Bureau on September 23, 2011 and has been assigned case # 94368087 in our files.

Your case has been applied to the following business:
Treasure Trooper
P.O. Box 8212
Bartlett, IL 60103

The case has been reviewed by one of our Case Specialists and has now been forwarded to the business for their response. The business is allowed ten days to respond. If we do not receive a response from them after ten days, we will send them a second notification. You will be informed once a response has been received.

As this case progresses, you may also consider using BBB alternative dispute resolution services such as binding arbitration. For more details about arbitration,

Compliant status:

10/07/2011 Second Notice to Business
10/07/2011 No response to first notice to business
09/26/2011 Inform Business of Case
09/26/2011 Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
09/23/2011 Case Reviewed by BBB
09/18/2011 Case Received by BBB

Case Description:

This company got me in by stating how i could make real money by doing offers, downloading programs to my computer, doing surveys, doing online work tasks, etc. I worked every day countless hours for a month, completed my end of the bargain. The companies I completed this stuff for in return has paid treasure trooper around 100 dollars or more for my services. Treasure trooper stated clearly I would be paid on the 15th on sept. They stated there was 2 payment options, paypal or by check. I figured paypal would be faster and I use paypal for online transactions daily. I only seen "valid" paypal, I did not see "verified" paypal. The 16th of Sept came and I still had no payment. I asked treasure trooper of this (since they never contacted me about this), They replied with a "2011-09-16 21:25:25Unfortunately, when we checked with PayPal, they informed us that your account is not verified, so your earnings will carry over till next month. Please either get your PayPal verified or change your payment method to "check" so that you can receive your payment then. Sorry!

Their reply was "sorry!" with a explamation point!!!!! this is what they reply with when they have BEEN PAID ALREADY for my services and is HOLDING MY MONEY THAT OTHER COMPANIES PAID ON MY BEHALF!!!!! Treasure trooper never contacted me saying was a issue with my paypal (there is no issue with paypal since I buy and sale on ebay with it daily!!)...so I asked again for them to just send me my money thru check...they again refused...stating I have to wait yet another 31 days!!... that is not right since they have ALREADY been paid for my services and have around 100 dollars paid to them on my behalf already which is sitting in their account. There was nothing in the agreement saying if there was a issue with payment I would have to wait another 31 days!!! I am a disabiled American citizen that can not work so when I seen all the pictures of people holding out payment stubs..and seen the profiles of people who has made 1000's for doing these services..I was lored in and now feel they have taken advantage of me.

Upon reading their terms of service more closely, it states they can terminate my account with my money still being unpaid to me yet them keeping all money that has been paid to them for my hard work!!! Their terms of service also states I can not take them to civil court to get my money thats owed to me?? Below is statements from their terms of service.

Indemnification: You agree to hold harmless and indemnify TT, its affiliates, agents and all members from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including, but not limited to, any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature

Non-Commitment: TT shall, at no time, have any commitment toward any user. TT shall, at all times, retain a state of non-commitment. TT may, at its discretion, terminate the Service, for one, any, or all users, for any or no reason, at any time, without any notice. Upon termination of the Service, TT shall remain without commitment toward any user, past or present, terminated, suspended, active, or in any state. TT may, at its discretion, discontinue the Service. Upon discontinuation of the Service, TT shall remain without commitment toward any past user from any previous period or periods of Service availability or suspension.

Payments: Payment to members is processed for sending on the 25th-30th of each month, for the balance of the account at the final day of the previous month. If necessary, payments may require additional time in order to be processed.

Description of Service: TreasureTrooper.com (Hereafter referred to as "TT") is a free service which allows users to complete offers through affiliates. The TT service and website (Hereafter referred to as "the Service") shall be provi

Desired Resolution:
 I want my money paid to me ASAP, NOT IN ANOTHER 31 DAYS.

As the Treasure Trooper Terms of service clearly states,

I wish for treasure trooper to either send me a check, or add another 40 dollars in amazon gift card to me. The gift cards could be a option going by their reply message to me which states "Amazon gift cards are sent by the 25th of the month following purchase, so you should be receiving yours in less than 10 days now."

That message was for a 20 dollar amazon gift card that I did offers etc for which they clearly state those go out by the 25th. So they can easily use the other 40 dollars which they are holding of mine to buy 2 more 20 dollar amazon.com gift cards and send to me to cover the 40 dollars they already owe to me. I shall not sit back and allow this company to take advantage of me or any other americans who are trying to make extra money in this time when americans are highly seeking work and money for their families due to the shortage of work available in america.