Complaint Review: Treasure Trooper

• Reported By: Alondra — Illinois United States of America
Treasure Trooper

Treasure Trooper Treasure Trooper - Where cash and scams collide! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The rest of the story

I had been a member of Treasure Trooper for about a week, and only $3.00 away from cashing out. I tried to log in to my account, when I was presented with the message, "This account is currently closed. Please contact support."
Now, I know that I did not close my account - the first thought that came to my mind was, "I've been hacked!" But, I e-mailed support, hoping to fix the issue:

Hello,I tried to login to my account just recently, but the page says that my account has been closed. I know that I did not delete my account, and that is why I am so confused about this issue.
Please fix this issue and return my account to normal standing as soon as possible.
Alondra

Support replies:
Alondra, because there are multiple accounts within your household, we need to confirmyour separate identity. Please scan (or photograph) your driver's license or other government-issued ID and email it to us. Thanks.

Well, I'm 14 years old, of course I don't have a drivers license or state ID because there is simply no need for it at the moment. I explain this to support, who then tells me that I have referred members of my household (which, by the way, is impossible, as two members in the same household can have accounts but not be referrals.).
Support was rude, no phone number should've been a red flag.
BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Treasure-Trooper/internet/Treasure-Trooper-Treasure-Trooper-Where-cash-and-scams-collide-Internet-939301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Treasure Trooper

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The rest of the story

AUTHOR: TreasureTrooper Admin - (United States of America)

What this user fails to mention is they were caught frauding the offers on our site by completing ones that were for users over 18 years of age.  When the user was approached for a driver's license to confirm their identity, they fully admitted their age was 14.  Lying when completing our offers is fraud and it always has been.  In many cases we even put right in the offer description, "Providing false information will result in account deletion."  The multiple accounts in the same household is also highly suspicious for this user as there are numerous accounts originating from the same IP address.  The Driver's License would have been a way to prove otherwise, but this user refused and, in doing so, incriminated himself with regards to the lying about his age on offers.