• Report: #192607

• Submitted: Sun, May 21, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 23, 2009

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
TreasureTrooper
PO Box 8212, Bartlett, IL 60103 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

TreasureTrooper.com TreasureTrooper ripped me off. wrongly accused members of fraud. emailed customer support but never got reply Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: You Were Not Ripped Off

*UPDATE Employee: That's what they want you to think

*UPDATE Employee: The Actual Story

*UPDATE Employee: TT is a rip off

*Consumer Comment: justice for treasuretrooper

TreasureTrooper is a paid to complete offers website. I was a TreasureTrooper member from around April 12th. At first I was impressed by TT for many reasons. First, I'm pretty sure that TT is not a scam because there is a forum in which many members have posted their proofs of payment from TT. Second, TT administrators and moderators seem to be very nice. They help answer questions from TT members on the forum. So, for these reasons, I'm pretty sure that I would get paid from TT on around May 15th to May 20th.

I have done offers properly by giving the companies my real name, address, and telephone number. I got a lot of phone calls and emails from the company I have signed up for or bought their products. I received many kinds of products and called to cancel my subscription and returned the products (if I have to) within trial period. My TT account has reached $800 by May 8th and I hope that I will get my money soon because I paid my money to complete the offers. Five days before the pay out date, I went online to TT website to check my account and see if there were new offers to complete but I couldn't sign in.

I went to forum and see a lot of TT members (I mean a lot!)were accused of fraudulent activity. They posted on the forum if there was anything they could do to appeal for their accounts. The answer they got is emailing support@treasuretrooper.com. So, I knew what to do. I emailed support@treasuretrooper.com and sent a personal message to TT administrators on May10th and waited. I got a reply from one of the admins who I sent my personal message to that I should email support@Treasuretrooper.com.

I waited for reply for 2 days. Now I was not sure if TT admins were really working on this issue so, I went to the forum and asked what I should do because I have emailed TT but got nothing. Somebody replied my post that I should wait longer because TT admins were busy on payment so they might have no time to check emails. I have waited for 10 days until now and got nothing. I feel it's not fair for me to be wrongly accused of fraud. TT deleted my account without my knowledge. TT didn't even email members to let them know what's wrong with their accounts and why their accounts have to be deleted.

TT didn't try to solve member's problems. I just want to ask for my right to know what fraudulent activity they considered I have done and ask to appeal for my account because I'm very sure I haven't done anything wrong. Besides, I have paid about $150 for nothing. Today (May 21th) the admins have finished payment but I still don't get email from TT. TT have deleted a lot of members' account so that TT don't have to pay them and cut a huge amount of expense. I think TT can get rich by May by doing this. TT has the worst customer service in the world!

TT member
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2006 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TreasureTrooper/Chicago-Illinois-60660/TreasureTroopercom-TreasureTrooper-ripped-me-off-wrongly-accused-members-of-fraud-email-192607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TreasureTrooper

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I've been paid several times by TreasureTrooper. They are not scammers and will pay you if you are not frauding them. Doing so will get you deleted which sounds like what happened. You deserved to be deleted for frauding them.

You Were Not Ripped Off

AUTHOR: Vmfan07 - (U.S.A.)

In the first place, I don't understand why you have paid $150 for nothing. Treasure Trooper encourages its members to only complete the offers in which they are actually interested. If you were interested in the offers that you completed, the money that you spent was not wasted. I have earned about $500 on Treasure Trooper in the two years in which I have been a member there, and, besides cash shopping (on purchases that I would have made anyway), I have not spent any money.

Treasure Trooper is a legit company. They do not just delete their members' accounts in order to boost their own profits. I have never had a problem with Treasure Trooper, and I think that their customer service is great. The one time that I had a problem with a cash back shopping total, they corrected it within days. I love the site, and I would recommend it to anybody.

That's what they want you to think

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

TT does regularly delete member's accounts due to fraud claims, etc but what they don't tell you out in the open is that sometimes they do it to get rid of some higher-earning members. At the forums if you ask a question concerning pending offers, etc, your posts are immediately shut down and you're given a stern warning by one of the moderators, or one of the moderators lock your topic and post a snide comment so other members can laugh at you.

In fact, the heads of TT did want you gone in the first place.

The Actual Story

AUTHOR: Treasuretrooper Admin - (U.S.A.)

While it is unfortunate that your account may have been suspended. If our advertisers report that specific members of our site are doing offers fraudulently, we are required to suspend their accounts and any pending earnings are reversed to the advertisers.

Please read the terms of service for every offer, website, and service you signup for. Just because you reside in one location on the globe does not mean your rights as a citizen or consumer actually pass to the website or service you are signing up for at that time.

If you don't get a reply from support within several days, it is advised that you resend your support request (maybe from a different e-mail address). Often when this case comes up it is because the support request was never received due to the user's ISP or mail service.

If the original user did try to contact support properly like advised, our support staff would have provided a reason as to why the account was suspended and would have tried to work with the user if possible to restore the account or even allow the user to create a new account if all earnings on the account were considered fraudulent by the advertisers.

E-mails are not sent out to users when accounts are suspended since the time involved to do such tasks would be too costly. Sending out individual e-mails would also be considered useless in these cases since they are often ignored.

Our forums are heavily moderated to help keep our advertiser relations in a healthy state. If they were not moderated, the offers you see today would not be available thus less opportunities for you to earn income. You are always welcome to ask questions on our forums as long as they are within the acceptable guidelines posted on the forums.

TT is a rip off

AUTHOR: Cw - (U.S.A.)

TT is a scam. The mods on the forums and in the help sections tell you all these great ways to make money, and then when you have questions about it on the forums, your question is removed or locked. Why? Because everything has to be all "happy bunnies and rainbows" there. You're not allowed to speak your mind about anything in fear of being banned from TT by the mods. You're not allowed to speak of pending offers, and if you do everything right, and it doesn't approve, they sternly tell you "you did something wrong."

Then they insist that you get referrals, so that more people will join in on the fun, and you get a bonus from if/when they make anything. TT gives you a number of tips to do so, and if you're lucky, you can get one or two active referrals.

Their VIP CLub is another scam where you*have* to make over $50 a month, and a portion of it being from referrals. So if you have no active referrals, you don't get all the fun bonuses every month, and you are told to "try harder".

Stay away from TT, or better yet, contact the BBB to have them shut down.

justice for treasuretrooper

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

treasuretrooper is not losing alot of money by paying people. they pay you a % of what they get paid for each offer you do.. say they get paid 20.00 for an offer. they give you 5% for it. that's only 1.00. say 100 people do that offer. tt gets paid 2000.00 for that offer and only has to pay out 100.00 of out. they are not losing money. the only thing i have to say about the whole fruad thing is this. read before you agree to anything! as it states in the tos you agreed to when you joined that they may close your account at anytime without letting you know they are doing it or why. as long as they feel you have done something wrong that is agreast the tos. you may have not of done anything wrong on that site that you know of but how about this. could you have done offers on that site that you have done before? wether it have been on another gpt site or just by being on the internet. cause if you have then the advertisers would report that to tt as fruad as you are not allowed to do the same offer more then once. and i ask this because even with credit card offers. and only spending 150.00 i don't see how you could make 800 in less then a month there or on any site unless you did every single offer. and i know that when i joined even the 1st gpt site that i ever joined i could not do all the offers because some of them were things i had done before just being online. like netflix. and the credit reporting offers. it does'nt matter if it was something you had done 10 years before, the advertisers know who has been with them before and they report this.