Complaint Review: Treasures Of Antiquity

• Submitted: Sat, May 15, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, May 20, 2004

• Reported By:Rancho Mirage California
Treasures Of Antiquity
10755 East Cholla Lane Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Treasures Of Antiquity Invested in antiquities for auction. No auction took place. Company refuses to anwer phone calls. Scottsdale Arizona

*Author of original report: Still no response from Treasures of Antiquity

I invested my IRA into antique currencies for auction at Sothbys. Company to store my purchases in their vault for safe keeping. No auction has taken place and now company will not return the collectibles which I purchased. Company will not answer my phone calls. I feel that I have been robbed of around $120,000. I cannot get any help from the Arizona District Attorneys office.

Bruce
Rancho Mirage, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2004 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Treasures-Of-Antiquity/Scottsdale-Arizona-85259/Treasures-Of-Antiquity-Invested-in-antiquities-for-auction-No-auction-took-place-Compan-91575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Treasures Of Antiquity

Still no response from Treasures of Antiquity

AUTHOR: Bruce - (U.S.A.)

Dealings with this firm took place between 1994 and 2003. This firm deals in fine arts and antiquities. Investments in coins or currencies are made through them to be auctioned at Sothbys for inticipated value increase. As the time for the auctions grew near, there was less and less communication from the firm. Dealership holds a very large quantity of my antique currencies in their vault in Scottsdale, Arizona. They refuse to return it to me, to respond to mailings or to answer the phone.

I have requested help from the Chamber of Commerce, The Department of Corporations and the District Attorneys office in that area all to no avail. I am told to seek legal help, but can find no attorneys interested in my plight, nor can I afford attorneys' fees for a fruitless cause. There must be others that are in the same fix as me. Any suggestions would be wonderful. BHL in CA