Complaint Review: Treasury Dept. (allegedly)

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: Steve R. — Birmingham Alabama
Treasury Dept. (allegedly)
Washington, Dist of Columbia USA

Treasury Dept. (allegedly) Jack Lew (allegedly) Wanted me to send them $150 for a $500,000 payoff Internet

I received an email from (allegedly) Jack Lew of the Treasury Dept. saying that I had several hundred thousand dollars coming to me but that I needed to send in $150 for the payoff to take place.  When I responded, I received an even more outrageous email saying stuff like "Thank God you responded," etc., etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Treasury-Dept-allegedly/Washington-Dist-of-Columbia/Treasury-Dept-allegedly-Jack-Lew-allegedly-Wanted-me-to-send-them-150-for-a-50000-1144390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Treasury Dept. (allegedly)