Complaint Review: Tree House Marketing Turley Thompson Monterey Financial

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2003

• Reported By:San Diego California
Tree House Marketing Turley Thompson Monterey Financial
404 W 5050 North Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Tree House Marketing Turley Thompson Monterey Financial ripoff, illegal credit card charges,lied about return policy consumer fraud ripoff Provo Utah

I received a call from a Telemarketer offering a Weight control patch that would effectively help me lose about 20 pounds.

The product was a 90 day supply of patches for appetite suppression. I was guaranteed a 30 day trial for only shipping and handling of 19.95. I was told i could add product for a second person as well.

I began using the product and called Customer Service on April 16th because the patches kept falling off when I swam or exercised at the gym. I was told to just "use another patch".

On the 22nd of April I called stating that the product did not seem to have any effect in controlling my appetite and that I wanted to return the product. I was told to "give it another week, since I am still in the trial period.

On My 5th I called to return the product. I was told to return the "unused portion". There were 6 packages sent to me (Two sets of 90 day patches). I returned 4 packages, unused. I sent a certified letter, which was received at TreeHouse on May 8th and signed by Adam D. Bass. I also sent a letter to Monterey Financial Services stating that the merchandise was returned ant "Please do not charge my account".

On May 12th, I had a new charge of 69.95, following an April 23rd charge of 29.85.

I have called Monterey Financial Service who said I must talk to TreeHouse, and Tree House has refused to credit my account and twice told me that a supervisor would call me within 45 min to an hour. I have never received a call from Tree House.

San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2003 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tree-House-Marketing-Turley-Thompson-Monterey-Financial/Provo-Utah-84604/Tree-House-Marketing-Turley-Thompson-Monterey-Financial-ripoff-illegal-credit-card-charge-57549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tree House Marketing Turley Thompson Monterey Financial