Complaint Review: Tree House Marketing

• Submitted: Sat, December 28, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, December 28, 2002

• Reported By:Apollo Beach Florida
Tree House Marketing
740 North 530 East Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Tree House Marketing Unauthorized billing against my credit card fraudulent rip-off business Orem Utah

I have been a recent victim of credit card fraud by Tree House Marketing in Orem, Utah. I initially ordered over the web their transdermal patches for $29.85 which was a trial prescription. When I received it, I immediately sent it back the next day requesting a credit which I was told I would get even if I used the entire product. I never got a credit back. I sent them an email since no one ever answers their phones; you only get a voice recording to continually tell you to call back in a few minutes due to heavy calls.

A few weeks later, I was charged another $399.95 on my credit card. I sent another email and asked why I was charged this amount since I had not ordered anymore product and didn't receive anymore product. I was told because I didn't return the product in a timely fashion. How much faster could I have returned it than the next day. I get emails back from their customer support but never indicating I will be reimbursed.

Then on December 11th, I got another $29.85 charge against my credit card again. I sent another email but to no avail. I've threatened them with a lawyer but it doesn't seem to phase them. I've sent additional emails trying to reach another customer support person but never get a response back.

I sent an email to the Better Business Bureau in Utah asking for their assistance just today. I plan to go to my bank and cancel my credit card so they can't continue to charge me. If I decide to go to a lawyer, I would ask him to go after them for his expenses also. I also thought of sending them a registered letter but don't know who to address it to.

Linda
Apollo Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2002 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tree-House-Marketing/Orem-Utah-84058/Tree-House-Marketing-Unauthorized-billing-against-my-credit-card-fraudulent-rip-off-busine-39392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tree House Marketing