Complaint Review: Tree House Marketing

• Submitted: Thu, February 20, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 14, 2003

• Reported By:Temple Hills Maryland
Tree House Marketing
740n 530e Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Tree House Marketing They got paid and I got no product Orem Utah

*Consumer Comment: Your bank might be able to do a reverse transation IF.....

I received a called in December 2002 regarding the patch. I was told that I could order it for $19.90 and if I liked it they would send me another supply and all I would pay is $199.95. I was told I should receive within 5 days. December 25, 2002, no product.

I called. They said it had not been shipped, give it a few more days. Ok , so I did.

January 6, I called again. I said I want to cancel my order and receive a refund. I never received the product. I was told well we don't know that, but, if you fax us your statement that shows you were charged we will credit your $19.90. I did that. Received nothing. Ok, so I was going to let it go.

Then February 19, I receive a charge on my account for $199.95 low and behold it is Tree House. I can't believe it. After I told them to cancel my entire order, they still got a way with charging me. I was getting frustrated cause I could not find their phone number and then I begin searching the internet and found this site with all this information about other consumers who have experienced the same thing.

Will my bank refund me my money if Tree House does not?

Felicia
Temple Hills, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2003 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tree-House-Marketing/Orem-Utah-84097/Tree-House-Marketing-They-got-paid-and-I-got-no-product-Orem-Utah-46158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tree House Marketing

Your bank might be able to do a reverse transation IF.....

AUTHOR: Deana - (U.S.A.)

I have since learned from my bank that issued my debit card, that they might have been able to reverse the charges on my debit card IF I could prove to them that I had done everything to warrant such a refund (like showing proof of the returned item with a signed signature card from the company) and IF my reversal request was made within a certain time period. I think that time period is 3 months from the initial transaction, but I'm not sure. In my case, I honestly tried to believe these people, so I allowed them to "promise and delay" until the time period had expired. I know they're smart enough to know all the rules, so they work all of them to their benefit. Sadly, they know most of us are good, trusting people, so they use that fact against us.....