Complaint Review: Tree House Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, March 24, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, March 24, 2003

• Reported By:Diamondville Wyoming
Tree House Marketing
404 West 5050 North Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Tree House Marketing ripoff scam Provo Utah

Tree House Marketing; TMG International ripoff-Credit Card Charges for Returned Merchandised 1 month after the merchandise was returned. ripoff business from hell Provo Utah .....

In October, 2002, I checked out an ad on the internet for a natural stop smoking product. Instead of returning the information by e-mail, I received a call from a sales rep of Tree House Marketing.

After hearing the sales pitch of for only $19.90, you can try the product for 30 days. I was to receive the full 3 month supply, which I did. If I felt like the product was not working, I could return the product before November 18, 2002 and would not be charged the additional $199.95. On November 4, 2002, I shipped the unused product back to Tree House Marketing by insured U. S. Mail. The parcel was delivered to them on November 7, 2002 at 10:55 A.M.

I received my November credit card statement. The charge was not on there. Great no problem, I thought. I received my December statement on December 20, 2002, there is a $199.95 charge by Tree House Marketing.

I immediately tried to call them. No answer! So, I e-mailed the info address I found on the internet. On December 21, 2002, I received a reply from Jason Turley that the office is closed until the first of the year. But, he would check on it immediately.

Needless to say, I heard not a word from Mr. Turley. All calls I tried to make to him were useless. You see, Mr. Turley, does not deal with customers. In my opinion, he only deals with their money.

Finally, I got through to a Lana in customer service on January 14, 2003. She looked through my file and assured the charge was made in error and I would be refunded. This would take 7 to 14 days.

January 23, still no refund or answer. So, I call again. This time I get to talk to Frank. He can't tell me anything and Lana is not available. But, he will have her call me. She doesn't.

On January 30, 2003, I speak with Brett. He pulls the file; and, assures I am entitled to a refund. I should be receiving a letter from the refund committee; with the refund to follow.

Also, on January 30, 2003, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Tree House Marketing.

February 13, 2003, still no refund and no letter. I get to talk to Brett again. He pulls my file again; and assures that I will be receiving a refund probably by the end of February.

March 3, 2003: I get a response from the BBB along with a copy of a letter signed by Brett O. Showgren of Tree House Marketing. His reponse was that they could not come to a conclusion on this issue. They were contacting me for necessary documentation to settle the matter.

Well, Tree House Marketing never tried contacting me for anything. Except the initial sale!

March 3, 2003; Still no refund and no letter. I talk to Brett again. He had no idea why the refund had not gone out. But, he would put by file in the "Top Priority" stack. This should be taken care of by the end of the week.

On March 14, 2003, I did receive a refund check from Tree House Marketing in the amount of $199.95. I deposited it immediately, not trusting them. Guess what? On March 21, 2003, the check was returned to my bank.

I hope my experience with this RIP OFF COMPANY will help prevent others from being scammed by TREE HOUSE MARKETING AKA TMG INTERNATIONAL.

Deborah
Diamondville, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2003 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tree-House-Marketing/Provo-Utah-84604-5650/Tree-House-Marketing-ripoff-scam-Provo-Utah-50408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tree House Marketing