Complaint Review: Tree House Marketing

• Submitted: Wed, February 26, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, February 26, 2003

• Reported By:Camden Tennessee
Tree House Marketing
404 West 5050 North, Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Tree House Marketing ripoff tricked and lied to us Provo Utah

I inquired about an acne product on the Internet called Oxiderm. Soon, I received a phone call offering me a 3 month supply for a trial period. Although I gave them my credit card number (stupid me!)

I was assured by the nicest lady that it would NOT be charged the $9.95 until AFTER the trial period IF I had not returned the unused portion by that time. It sounded like a good deal. She said that they were running a special promotion that she could offer TWO trials for $9.95! Sounded good. Too good. My credit card has already been charged the $9.95 and I have NOT received the stuff yet! Not only that, the bill I received in my email says I owe a total of $399.90!

I am NOT going to pay it and I am sending a dispute tomorrow! I tried to call the number on the bill, but got no answer. The bill doesn't even MENTION the 3 month period at all. I was lulled into feeling safe because the caller had me to verify everything on tape with a supervisor. It sounded very professional.

Camden, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2003 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tree-House-Marketing/Provo-Utah-84606/Tree-House-Marketing-ripoff-tricked-and-lied-to-us-Provo-Utah-47133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tree House Marketing