Complaint Review: Treehouse Marketing

• Submitted: Sat, November 23, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, June 27, 2003

• Reported By:New York NY
Treehouse Marketing
740 North 530 East Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Treehouse Marketing Rip-Off mislead dishonest billing false promises screwed others too Orem Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: to 'smart' Tom ..Yes, you right Tom we look like an idiots when we agreed to give you our credit card number.

*Consumer Comment: Better bone up on those grammar skills if you want to call people idiots

*Consumer Comment: WHAT!!!!

I purchsed this product hoping to quit smoking. However, I told the telemarketer that I was trying to get pregnant and I didn't want to use this product if I shoudn't take it when I am pregnant. He convinced me to purchase the product anyway. He said to stop taking it in the event of pregnancy. However, you could be pregnant for an entire month and not know it.

I would be taking the Nicodil pills during that time. On the box that the pills came in it said, "Do not take if you are pregnant or nursing." I called my doctor and was advised not to take the pills. I then returned three out of the four bottles (they would not refund me for all four)and days later was billed $199 on my credit card.

I was mislead into thinking the product would be safe for me and my situation and after returning the product was charged anyway. I am outraged and disgusted.

Rachel
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2002 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Treehouse-Marketing/Orem-Utah-84097/Treehouse-Marketing-Rip-Off-mislead-dishonest-billing-false-promises-screwed-others-too-Or-36104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Treehouse Marketing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Nelly - (U.S.A.)

Well, If you look at the number of reports that "idiots" posted there you will see that the total of "idiots" is 62 on "treehouse" search and 34 on "tree house" search ... And we do not know what other name that 'smart' company is using to rip people off. Maybe it is 'Insta Trim'?

But the real idiot is you and the people who work with you. If your goods were any help, believe me you would not be seeing that many 'idiots' writing the rip of reports on you. You have my 2 hundred dollars - be happy for now and remember there will be a day when you will be very sorry for your words and your acts.

Better bone up on those grammar skills if you want to call people idiots

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Tom... it seems like you could HAVE (not "of") came UP (not "across") with a better rebuttal THAN (not "then") simply repeating the word "idiot" several times. If you are a representative of this company, you serve as a shining example of the lack of professionalism and customer concern that the original complaint alleges. The salesman should have had enough ethics not to push a product on someone whom he knew should not use it. The company should have had the integrity to issue the refund they agreed to.

Of course, the consumer should have known better than to purchase the products in the first place. She wanted to quit smoking since she planned on becoming pregnant, and the salesman played on this desire to sell her a dangerous product.

It is not the consumer's responsibility to ensure that a business is ran ethically and morally. Rachel may have made a bad judgement call, and then later had the sense to consult with a doctor, but a company that can't screen its clients and follow through on promises is doing something much worse than that.

WHAT!!!!

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

YOU WERE TOLD NOT TO TAKE IT IF YOU WERE PREGNANT ( THOSE WERE YOUR EXACT WORDS) WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED YOU IDIOT!!!!
You seem really stupid. Do you need help walking across the street? You could of came across with a better fight then that.
IDIOT, IDIOT, IDIOT. CAN I SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES?