Complaint Review: Treehouse Marketing/Turley Thompson

• Submitted: Thu, September 25, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, September 25, 2003

• Reported By:Antioch California
Treehouse Marketing/Turley Thompson
404 West 5050 North Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Treehouse Marketing / Turley Thompson / Oxiderm - Making fraudulant charges to my Visa Check Card Provo Utah

In May 2003 I clicked on a link to Oxiderm PCF acne product. There was no ordering info on the web site, I had to submit my phone number and wait for their call.

They called. I, like an idiot ordered the product knowing that it was probably nothing different than you can get at the store. They made it sound like it was some unique kind of product, of course I had to find out since I never heard of it before. Just as I had thought, the product turned out to be Benzyl Peroxide and only 2%. You can purchase 10% benzyl peroxide for less than $5.00 in any store.

I was charged $9.95 for my 60 day "free trial". If I didn't like the product I could return it, but would be charged for the amount I used, which the customer service agent said was about $75.00. I mistakenly missed the deadline to return the product (my fault I admit), so they (Monterey Financial) charged my checking account $229.95. I thought that was the end of it.

Today I got an e-mail from Turley Thompson/Treehouse Marketing thanking me for the order I placed TODAY and they charged my account $29.95. This is supposedly for a 30 day free trial. I never placed another order with them. They kept my Visa Check Card info and are fraudulantly making charges to it.

The only way for me to stop this is to cancel my Check Card and get a new one which is a real pain for me because I have automatic payments on almost all of my bills and this is the card I have set up all my payments on.

I can't believe that a company can get away with this. Fraud is illegal. Why are they still in business. How can they be stopped??

Someone please give me some advice!!!

Tammi
Antioch, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2003 05:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Treehouse-MarketingTurley-Thompson/Provo-Utah-84606/Treehouse-Marketing-Turley-Thompson-Oxiderm-Making-fraudulant-charges-to-my-Visa-Che-67544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Treehouse Marketing/Turley Thompson