Complaint Review: Tri Star Auto Sales

• Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: charissedavidson — S. Louis Missouri United States of America
Tri Star Auto Sales
3108 S Kingshighway Blvd St Louis, Missouri United States of America

Tri Star Auto Sales Fiance fraud: Apply for loans for more than you owe on the car St Louis, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: The Question Is...

I found a car on Craigslist.org that was posted by Tri Star Auto sales so I went to their location and test drove the car and decided to buy it it was listed at $5950 I put $2200 in cash down which would give me a balance of $3750 to be financed. I signed the paper work and later realized my bill of sale said the car was $7062.12  with an additional $199.00 ADMIN fee. Then they took my $2200 off leaving me owing them $5063.62. They have done this to every customer I'm sure! They were suppose to finance the balance of $3750 they finance the WHOLE thing THEN took my down payment and applied it. So they have legal stolen from me!

I didn't turn in my bank statement so they called my whole family and told them they were going to repo my car when I didn't even have a car note due.
Charisse
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tri-Star-Auto-Sales/St-Louis-Missouri-63139/Tri-Star-Auto-Sales-Fiance-fraud-Apply-for-loans-for-more-than-you-owe-on-the-car-St-Lou-845177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tri Star Auto Sales

The Question Is...

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You say the price was listed as 5950 but the paperwork you signed said 7062, right? Except you didn't bother to read what you were signing. Smart. What did they say was the reason for the increase? Did you ask? You say they do this to everybody? I don't think so! Some people actually read what they are signing BEFORE signing it!the paperwork should have given you a breakdown of charges. If the 7062 was listed as the price of the car alone, then READING THE CONTRACT would have alerted you to a discrepancy. They do those things because far too many people do what you did and they know it.