Complaint Review: Tri Valley Steak Co.

• Submitted: Fri, March 29, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: Nunya — Atascadero California
Tri Valley Steak Co.
3510 Charter Park Dr. #249 San Jose, California United States of America

Tri Valley Steak Co. Burned for $1150.00 cash by these fast talkers. San Jose, California

*Author of original report: Re, $1150,00 purchase of meat

*UPDATE Employee: Re,$1150.00 purchase of meat

This company showed up in my driveway in a white pick-up truck with a chest freezer in the back. Now these guys were some fast talkers and they told me that someone had just canceled a big order so they were willing to give me a huge discount on a variety of frozen steaks, chicken & seafood. They told me if I bought the whole order I would recieve a free chest freezer. Well I couldn't afford the entire order but they did talk me into buying $1150.00 worth, with a "satisfaction money back guarantee". They also said that they were in a hurry to get home because they had a 3 hour drive to get there. So they unload the cases of meat and carry it to my patio where my freezer is, and quickly fill out a receipt take my cash and off they go.

I also had a friend here who witnessed everything and he was helping me take inventory of what I bought. Well the first thing I notice is that two of the cases marked "T-Bone" did not contain T-Bones, one had chicken and the other had strip steak. I immediately looked at my receipt for a phone # and called to tell them there was a problem. When I called I got an automated voice mail message that didn't even mention the name Tri Valley Steak. I left a message, finished putting the meat in the freezer and then looked at my receipt for further information.

Later that evening I ate one of the steaks and was not at all happy with the quality of the beef. The next day I sent a certified letter (as I was told to do in the cancellation instructions on the receipt) stating I was not satisfied with my purchase. The following day I realized I had sent the letter to the address at the top of the receipt instead of the one in the cancellation notice area. So I sent another certified letter. The first letter came back as "Undeliverable" and the second on came back as "Addressee unknown". In the meantime I had been calling the phone number a few times a day with no luck. So now I am not sure how to procede in getting this resolved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 02:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tri-Valley-Steak-Co/San-Jose-California-95136/Tri-Valley-Steak-Co-Burned-for-115000-cash-by-these-fast-talkers-San-Jose-California-1038989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tri Valley Steak Co.

Re, $1150,00 purchase of meat

AUTHOR: Nunya - ()

You are right, every box was accounted for, but I was under the assumption that the product that was inside the boxes matched what was printed on the outside. I didn't feel I needed to look inside every box to make sure I was getting T-Bones where marked and not chicken! As for the cancellation notice, I did send a letter within 3 days and it was returned to me as undeliverable.

Re,$1150.00 purchase of meat

AUTHOR: Bull - ()

First of all, you were instructed on the purchase, and understood the policy.next, you,and your aka witness,saw every box and was counted for. After all was done.policy was explained again, then,and only then you were so happy to sign your receipt. And, your witness saw that also.as for the warrenty? No such thing for food. Not written in any receipt,and you had the right to cancel. In writing, within 3 day. Nothing was sent! The 3day right to cancel,does not mean a phone call will show you don't want the product.thats why you must send it in within 3 days. The receipt clearly tells you that,and you,and your witness were told right before you put your signature there. It's real simple.read before you agree to something ,if you can't read? Have your friend read it to you.and final.you did get a lot of meat,but you forgot to say you also recieved a lot of Free Cases as well.so, there is no ripoff here. Funny,you were such a nice person,as well as your witness. So happy,and shook our hands and thanked us.

Thank you for your purchase.