Complaint Review: TriStar Products - Fosdicks - Trikke Tech - TV Inventions

• Submitted: Tue, January 13, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, July 15, 2008

• Reported By:Bolivar Pennsylvania
TriStar Products - Fosdicks - Trikke Tech - TV Inventions
26 Barnes Industrial Road Wallingford, Connecticut U.S.A.

TriStar Products - Fosdicks - Trikke Tech - TV Inventions RIPOFF trikke 8 purchased in Nov. missing UNIQUE machine bolts CANNOT buy numerous toll calls! NO SATISFACTION! Now JANUARY! Wallingford Connecticut

*UPDATE Employee: contact info

*Consumer Suggestion: Customer Service Feedback

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Trikke Tech is not a party in this claim

I ordered two of the Trikke 8 scooters and a warranty online with my bank VISA in November. The total cost was over $400 and it was set up to be deducted from my account in three payments. After completing the order online, there was no indication or detailed information regarding the breakdown of how much or when the payments would be deducted. I contacted them by phone to get that information and the CSR told me he couldn't help me until my order was processed and that I could call back in 2-3 days. I waited 2 days and called again. I was told that my order was already processed and the trikkes had been shipped. The amount they had deducted was half the total which I hadn't expected and I had to deal with that because the transaction was already completed.

The trikkes arrived very quickly and I put the first one together that day. My son was excited to ride his. I waited a few days to put the second one together because I was scheduled to work and didn't have time to ride it anyway. When I got it out of the box, there were no bolts to tighten the fork holding the front wheel. I made another toll call, this time to ask for the missing bolts. After a wait, I talked with a CSR who promised she had placed the order and I would recieve the bolts within a few days. It didn't happen.

I gave it awhile and called again. Once again I waited on the line to get through to customer service and was told they would send the bolts right away. Each time adding additional charges for the toll calls. Again I did not receive the bolts. I called the third time and was told that the company had put everything on hold over Christmas. I told this Kevin that they didn't put a hold on taking my payment over Christmas!! He promised to send the bolts out right away. Still no bolts!!

in the meantime I spent hours going business to business in search of a bolt taking one from the other trikke with me. I started with Lowe's who sent me to a motorcycle shop; they suggested trying auto parts; who suggested trying a tractor supply. I know someone who works for a company that orders bolts for businesses and he traced it to a bolt used by car manufacturers and he was unable to order it for me. These darn bolts probably cost less than a dollar each and TriStar cannot provide these for a purchase of over $400.

I am very angry with this company. Not only because of the missing bolts and their total lack of customer service, but also because every single time I call to try to get help I have to pay long distance phone calls to hold online for a representative and then get no satisfaction anyway!!!

Emily
Bolivar, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2004 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TriStar-Products-Fosdicks-Trikke-Tech-TV-Inventions/Wallingford-Connecticut-06492/TriStar-Products-Fosdicks-Trikke-Tech-TV-Inventions-RIPOFF-trikke-8-purchased-in-Nov-76935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TriStar Products - Fosdicks - Trikke Tech - TV Inventions

contact info

AUTHOR: Axle Wheeler - (U.S.A.)

This is a bit late in the game, but Trikke Tech, Inc. has undergone some major changes, and we apologize for any past problems with contacting the company. our company can be contacted at 1(877)4TRIKKE

Carve on
Axle Wheeler
Trikke Technical Support

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Customer Service Feedback

AUTHOR: Ima - (U.S.A.)

My four sisters and I watched the Trikke Tech infomercial this afternoon and thought to order Christmas gifts for our 9 teenage sons. The Infomercial promised accommodations for any individual and offered 3 "easy" payments starting at $33 per bike. From the hard way, I learned a long time ago to always call the Customer Service Number of ANY product before ordering. If a company doesn't have an 800 number other than that for the initial sale, I get a little suspicious.

If I reach a recording that asks for a prompt such as "New Sales" press 1, "Customer Service or an Order Already Placed" press 2. I press 2 and see what kind of experience I can anticipate if down the road, AFTER they take my money, I have a problem. If the CSR can't answer simplest "what if" questions or I am on hold for more than 5 minutes, I rethink the purchase.

Moreover, with this purchase specifically, I checked this site before calling and when I saw the fruitless, blame passing and condesending response from Trikke Tech (William- Marina Del Rey) implying that "mistakes happen" and that the customer has "wasted her time" because of moving forward when Trikke Tech's Dealers or it's agents didn't follow through with THEIR RESPONSIBILITY and then just redirecting her to their website, it was a deal breaker for any business from me.

I am an Operations Manager in the Manufacturing Industry and over the last 25 years, I have gone as far as giving customers my personal number and guarantee of satisfaction. It takes as much effort for William to do that, and actually fix the problem, as it did blowing this customer off and trying to defend Trikke Tech's inadequacies.
Constance - Anaheim CA

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Trikke Tech is not a party in this claim

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Trikke Tech is the manufacturer of Trikke products and does its best to ensure that Trikke retailers provide quality service and support. We care a great deal that consumers have a good experience with Trikke and always regret finding reports that reflect poorly on our company even though we were not really a legitimate party in the complaint.

Trikke Tech always welcomes the opportunity to help resolve consumer issues whether it be for warranty or a consumer complaint. The trikke.com website home page has a form you can fill out so we can step in and promptly help resolve your problem.

We understand that it is not a perfect world and mistakes can be made, so if you are trying to get your Trikke purchase resolved, don't waste any more time and go to www.trikke.com to fill in the consumer form on the lower left of our home page. We will resolve your problem as expeditiously as possible. More than anything, we want you to be out riding your Trikke and having a good time.

We apologize for any inconvenience!