Complaint Review: TriStar Products

• Reported By:Wichita Falls Texas
TriStar Products
tvinventions.com Internet U.S.A.

TriStar Products Posta Pot Express Ripoff Internet

Back in January, I saw this commercial for the pasta pot express. I have NEVER ordered anything from TV before and the commercial sounded pretty good. For about $25, I was supposed to get the big pot, a small pot, a spegheti/lattle spoon, a cutting board thing (looked like a sheet of thick plastic?), a cheese grater, and a recipe guide (which looked like a thick colorful book on TV).

I thought this deal would be TOO good to be true, but I thought I would call and find out. I spoke to an operator who tried to sell me like 5 other things on top of the pasta pot. I told her no, ALL I want is the TV offer and asked her to repeat it back to me and the cost with S&H. She repeated EVERYTHING above and said my Visa would be billed $24.98 and to expect my items in about 6-8 weeks. Satisfied, we ended our call.

In about 2 weeks, my visa was billed the correct amount. In about 2 months after that, I got the big pot with a small black and white pamphlet titled: Express Recipe Guide (looked like someone xerox'd it, stapled it, and added it to my order). The box that it came in said: If other items were ordered, they will be shipped separately. This was the beginning of March. I gave another month for the rest of my items. After hearing nothing more, I called the 800# that was billed to my Visa. The woman I spoke with said all I was to get with my order was the big pot and the little pot for $14.99 and it was $9.99 S&H for those items. According to my order, she said, I declined the extras, which would have been an additional $9.99 (Because while they were "FREE" items, she explained, it would have been $9.99 to ship them).

I argued that NO WHERE on the commercial did it state a price to ship these items, and again, the operator that I placed my order with told me I would get all this for $24.98. I insisted that if the call was recorded, she would see this is how I was sold and asked if she could pull up this recording (After all, when you call in, it SAYS: This call may be recorded for training purposes.)

She said there was no way that she could pull up that recording. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She told me none was available and that she would have one call me back. I gave her my home telephone number and told her that my "order" was still never filled because I never got the small pot. I indicated that if my order was not filled, I wanted my money back. To which she replied, "Your 30 day money back guarantee has already expired." ..... ?! It took them 2 months to deliver in the first place! And 30 days counting from WHEN exactly?

To shorten this down, I never did get a call back from a manager, and I still only have ONE pot, which, I found out, is not "stick-resistant."

Buyers beware! (Walmart is selling the SAME item, and if you have a problem with it, at least you can return it and get your money back ... 30 days or not!) I will never buy anything off of TV again ...

April
Wichita Falls, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2003 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TriStar-Products/internet/TriStar-Products-Posta-Pot-Express-Ripoff-Internet-59987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TriStar Products