Complaint Review: Triad Financial

• Submitted: Fri, April 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 25, 2009

• Reported By:Stockton California
Triad Financial
PO Box 982025 North Richland Hills, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Triad Financial I had no idea Triad was doing to so many others as they have done to me. North Richland Hills Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: A former Triad Custumer

I have read many of the other Rip-Off reports in reference to Triad Financial Corp. I had no idea that this company was that horrible.

I figured out pretty quickly after getting a vehicle loan through Triad, that apparently online loans were not all that they were cracked up to be. I have been dealing with this company for about 3 and a half years, for a $6,000.00 loan with a very high interest rate. But at the time my credit was not very good and I needed a vehicle to get to and from work.

Since then I have had my vehicle repossessed one time (which wasn't even necessary for the circumstance), and paid a small fortune to get it back. And even though I paid all the fees and charges to clear the vehicle and get it back, Triad still retained part of those charges on my account and will not recognize that they were paid. I honestly believe that they intentionally will not clear those charges so as to collect payments from me monthly that only go towards the interest on the loan and not towards the principle.

So after all this time my current total balance on this loan is almost no different than what it was 3 and a half years ago. These people are definitely an unprofessional rip-off company.

My only options as I see it at this point is to find a way to pay off the entire balance at once, or basically let them take the car and further ruin my credit, as the car at this point is no longer worth the loan that's owed on it.

In conclusion, DO NOT FINANCE WITH THIS COMPANY, as they will cheat you, harass you, and leave you with empty pockets, bad credit, and ultimately no vehicle.

Steven in California
Stockton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2009 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Triad-Financial/North-Richland-Hills-Texas-76182/Triad-Financial-I-had-no-idea-Triad-was-doing-to-so-many-others-as-they-have-done-to-me-N-442623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Triad Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

A former Triad Custumer

AUTHOR: Ed - (U.S.A.)

You know, it seems to me that the many people who complain about Triad all have one thing in common. They all pay Triad late.

I had an auto loan with Triad for a year before I refinanced with Wells Fargo for a lower rate. My payments were all made on time, so I never heard from Triad. The one time I called Triad to get a loan payoff, they seemed nice.

People like you need to realize that Triad is a sub-prime auto loan company. They give auto loans to people who otherwise might not get one. It follows that they are going to be more aggressive than most when it comes to the collections part of the business.

It's real simple everyone. Pay your loan on time, and you won't hear from Triad. If you can't afford to pay your loan on time, you need to sell your vehicle.