Complaint Review: Triad Financial

• Updated: Fri, March 14, 2014

• Reported By: James — San Angelo Texas
Triad Financial
Internet USA

Triad Financial Paid off car. Received title. Lost title. Filed for new one. Told thereis still a lien holder on file. not sure Internet

*Consumer Comment: I don't understand...

I had a car financed through Triad Financial. When it was paid off, I received the title. The title was misplaced. I filed with DMV for a replacement title.

I was sent a letter from DMV stating that there is a lien holder on file. Since it was paid off so long ago, I no longer have the information to contact Triad Financial. Or if they are still doing business. I somehow need to get an original release of lien on their company letterhead.

The company name I was given by DMV is Triad Capital Corp. When the vehicle was paid off, they were Triad Financial.

I would hope that this would be such a simple matter to clear up. If only I knew how to reach them. Meanwhile, I am facing difficulties with my city because I have no way to remove the vehicle fom my property without the title for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2014 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Triad-Financial/internet/Triad-Financial-Paid-off-car-Received-title-Lost-title-Filed-for-new-one-Told-thereis-1130757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Triad Financial

I don't understand...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

How this is a RipOff?

When you receive the "Clear Title" it is your responsibility to file for a Clean Title.  In fact in many states it is actually in the Vehicle Code.  Triad is not resonsible if you failed to do that.

What else is hard to figure out is why instead of writing this report did you not just do a simple internet search for "Triad Financial Services" and find their still active web site.  Of course if it truly has been several years, the chances of them having any information may be slim, or at the very least take a long time for them to research through their files.

If they are not the same company, then you need to ask the DMV what you need to do when you can't find the lienholder.  It may take you getting an attorney to assist you.  But this is all on you..sorry and good luck.