- Report: #1064394
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Triangle Plumbing and Backflow
Triangle Plumbing and BackflowInternet USA
Triangle Plumbing and Backflow AKA Triangle Plumbing Installed improper size gas line for generator (per manufacturer) & refuses to correct problem-argues that gas company and generator manufacturer are wrong Internet
Provider was supposed to install a 1.25 inch gas line from gas meter to backup generator located on other side of house. Job required trenching, obtaining permits, passing inspections, running the 1.25 inch gas line, connecting line to gas meter and generator. Approx distance of 110 feet.
How'd it go? Here are my experiences with this company:
It went only part way.
* Triangle Plumbing did do the trenching.
* Triangle Plumbing installed a 3/4 inch gas line instead of the 1.25 inch line previously agreed to.
* The generator requires a 1.25 inch line to operate properly in event of a power failure.
* Installer was shown the generator installation guide which specifies a 1.25 inch line.. Installer said "the book is wrong."
* In addition, I called the manufacturer to verify and they too stated that 1. [continued below]....
* PSNC energy gas technician also stated that 1.25 inch piping is required to meet the generator load.
* Triangle Plumbing insists that both the manufacturer and PSNC energy are wrong.
I even received this email from the manufacturer:
You AT THE VERY LEAST need 1.25. Our chart is extremely clear and should be very self explanatory to any plumber that understands this. This is GENERAC STANDARD.
If any questions, concerns, or whatever it may be, please contact me anytime.
Generac Power Systems, Inc
Phone: 262-544-4811 x2629
I refuse to accept this 3/4 inch gas line, that it is not what we agreed to and Triangle Plumbing has been told this on multiple occasions. Triangle Plumbing was informed prior to project beginning that line was to be 1.25 inches and has been told several times that the 3/4 inch line is not acceptable.
Triangle Plumbing refuses to replace the line.
I only received a verbal (voice mail) stating that the installation would be the same as my family member who has the same generator and they installed 1 1/4 inch line.
Since no progress has been made on a resolution, Triangle Plumbing has been told to recover the 3/4 inch line that they installed. Triangle Plumbing has not done so and after four and a half weeks of excuses and arguments from them I have a 110 foot length of unusable pipe and an uncovered ditch in my back yard.
Since I have already paid 50% of total cost of this project, apparently provider has decided to abandon project and just keep my money.
Triangle Plumbing has failed to complete this project, meet my needs as a customer and prefers to argue than to make it right. The work done to date is unsatisfactory and incomplete. No attempt to resolve this matter has been made by Triangle Plumbing except to say I can have a Cary inspector come out and inspect it.
I am extremely unhappy and do not recommend this company as it is clear that the owner does not care about meeting agreements. I have emails from Jamie Peeler at Triangle Plumbing to back up my claims/experiences with this company should anyone wants copies.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Triangle-Plumbing-and-Backflow/internet/Triangle-Plumbing-and-Backflow-AKA-Triangle-Plumbing-Installed-improper-size-gas-line-for-1064394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)