Complaint Review: Tribul Merchant Services

• Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: Former Employee — New York New York United States of America
Tribul Merchant Services
245 West 17th Street New York, New York United States of America

Tribul Merchant Services Credit Card Processing Company Credit Card Processing Company New York, New York

*Author of original report: Just to Clarify

Tribul Merchant Services sat me down for an interview. I got accepted.

Training began. We were lectured by Nadine. The next week I went out with Jorge. On the third day I signed up a merchant under Jorge's training and explicit direction.

Due to the nature of the work, I had to scan all the merchant applications in order to submit them to the office. I actually bought a scanner. I obtain all of the applications that I wrote for Tribul.

Once merchant that I signed up did not want his service because he later realized that he had a uncompleted contract with his other company. I felt terrible for him. I asked Nadine if I could at all let him off our contract without a fee because he hadn't used our machine or service yet. All we had was his contract- no bills or anything. I was told "NO."

The only way for him to get out of Tribul's contract was for ME to pay his bill! They blamed me for neglecting to write in the Cancellation Fee on his contract. I refused to pay his bill. So, I was fired. Shouldn't this have been dealt with from within the company?

I have all the records of every merchant that I signed up with Tribul including the merchant that I signed up under Jorge's direct supervision. My witnesses are the merchant, Kim, and his wife.

What is astounding is that Phillip S. actually did not understand that they had no right to charge me at all. If this could not be dealt with from within the company, they should have charged Jorge and Nadine for giving faulty training/instruction! After all, Jorge and Nadine are husband and wife and collaborate on a lot of their duties.

Later, after I quit the job, a former client got back to me. She called with a very troubled voice. "Why is there a $500.00 charge on my bill?" she asked. I had no idea. I politely explained to her that I had left the company due to their fraudulent charges against me with a different client. I could not help her. If you read this report... I hope you could get it sorted out for you company. I'm very sorry for your troubles.

I was VERY glad to leave this company. Should it even be called a company? It's more gangster than lawful. It's terrible- Tribul. They are very sleazy. Nadine had me selling their services under the name "Credit Card Processing Company." She even printed out a zillion cards for me to use under "CCPC." Can you believe it?

I did not even know I was with Tribul until I questioned her a little later on. That surprised/shocked me. Why couldn't they just be upfront with me? I felt scammed and betrayed. What is wrong with this company that they can't even be honest with their agents for something as simple at the company name?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tribul-Merchant-Services/New-York-New-York-10011/Tribul-Merchant-Services-Credit-Card-Processing-Company-Credit-Card-Processing-Company-New-921771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tribul Merchant Services

Just to Clarify

AUTHOR: Former Employee - (United States of America)

Just to clarify, the very first merchant (Kim) that I signed up with Jorge had no cancellation fee written into his contract- this was under Jorge's instruction & supervision. Hence, I did not think it was necessary to write it in for future clients. How was I to be blamed for executing my work exactly as I was trained? It doesn't make sense. So, I left the company.